• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Main Quest: Broken at Cozumel

Well, I've pretty much finished the main quest! :mi :mi :mi :mi :mi

I captured the Black Pearl,but I was pushing buttons when the last skeleton died and it blew right past the screen where you transfer officers, crew, and goods and went straight to the movies. So I didn't get it. :facepalm :j3 Would Grrrrberg want the save anyway?

I changed the video card drivers before that, and went back to the old nVidia drivers (186.18) that work well with OGL. The game runs much much better. It even looks better now. 8) Methinks this should be on the front page, as others have had this issue also.

I dont know why some cards (newer NVIDIA it appears) are having problems, I have a new ATI Raiden card and it runs the game alot better than my old NVIDIA on my other computer (which blew up)

It's not a hardware problem, but rather a software problem. In an older DX7 program the Nvidia users are doing fine while the ATI users are having troubles with graphic anomalies. I don't know where to look in this program to confirm it, but based on performance I would say PotC uses OGL. Nvidia is generally better with OGL than ATI, although the latest ATI stuff is doing well. Maybe it's a DX8 thing. This is the only DX8 program I have run in 7 years.

I was driving race cars years ago on my computer when the PSU exploded. There was a flash of light, a POP, and a cloud of smoke. :eek:

Anyway, I ran into the Governor dialogue problem, so I'm setting B14-P1-2 aside and have switched to B14-P1-1. The Sovereign will be going down. I already have 2 1st rate MoW's berthed and just waiting for their call to action. I don't know what you did but Patch1 seems to be running much better than Fix1.

I finished with Cozumel last nite! :)) I sank the Sovereign, so didn't have to deal with Silehard. Would have captured the Black Pearl except that after the last fight in the cabin, I looted the corpses and the ships chest and the arms locker, and hit the space bar. It went to the looting screen, but before I could do anything the movies started. After the credits I hit space bar again and was back on my ship. No Black Pearl around. :j3 Also, my ship, a 3rd rate, no longer had flags. That is a first. :nerbz Will probably talk to the English Governor today.

Made it to Jamaica finally. Sir Henry Morgan was there, but there was no mention of Silehard. I grovelled and begged forgiveness, which cost $99,000. I guess that is the end then.

Yep the after final does not exist, it was a WIP that didnt really start :facepalm

I know how to fix the Black Pearl capture scene and will do that this week, hopefully

The After Final did work at some point in the past.
Build 12.1 it definitly worked and possibly Build 13 too.
I definitly recall playing it. A looong time ago though.
Haven't finished the Standard storyline in years.

After final works in Build 13 also. It seems many things that work in B13 are buggered in B14. I still have many side quests to do here before moving on to other storylines. Maybe next year. I do want to get rid of Fort Greene tho. I feel like a cad dragging her around when I visit all of my mistresses. Ah well. Pirate!

Whatever is in Patch1 works. That and only playing the game for short periods did the trick and got me through this.

I'm starting to see a pattern here. In thread after thread you talk about how you fixed something, but it doesn't stay fixed. I have seen that in other programs where something somewhere else is changing it back or overriding the changes. The only program I have any experience at all in has major and minor 3dos. You can make changes in the minor easily, but sometimes you have to change the major as well before the changes take effect. I hope there is a clue there.

I played the standard storyline through before releasing patch 1 and Silehard talked to me on his ship and Danielle kept her name, I dont know why your game its different :shrug

It is not just my game that is different from yours. Others are having these issues also. Your fixes are not making it to us end users. Perhaps the installer is bad.

If your talking about all the replies in this topic.... That is from before Patch 1 was released when it was still bugged

I'm using the latest patch 3.5 for build 14. I just finished the main quest and I can recall that After Final did work in build 13, in a very awesome way: the new governor Sir Henry Morgan sent Silehard to the Tower of London, gave you a land deed and offered you a free letter of marque, then Danielle offered to continue adventuring with you and asked whether she should get rid of her "immortality amulet" (Of course not!)
Nothing of that works in 14, though Silehard does get special dialogue when you reach him if you board the Sovereign (which by the way lacks an icon in the ship view menu) and you choose whether to kill him or contain yourself and lock him away (wouldn't it be fun if Danielle was present and you had to either convince her to not give into her wrath or allow her to gut Silehard at her pleasure?).
Silehard is a regular prisoner after that, but with no ransom option. He does jump overboard and escapes sooner or later if you don't kill him, which I think should be avoided. Also, his daughter Arabella could have something to say on the matter, though this is more complicated to implement as she only appears in one quest and is never seen again.
Also, one of the pirate ships in that battle is commanded by the leader of the pirates, Isenbrandt Jucksen, but if you board his ship he behaves like a regular defeated captain. Having him as an officer sounds cool, but shouldn't he be getting some special treatment too? Like possibly making him reappear at the pirate settlement's main house at Nevis if you either allow him to live and sail away or free him. His wife Ines Díaz surely would be interested in his fate as well.

I thought I had fixed this in Beta 1 Patch 3. See here:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net/tracker/issue-384-nh-standard-reward-for-silehard-kill-capture/

Only thing I found missing in the file was this line at the end:
Code:
PChar.quest.Silehard_meeting = "thefirst"; // SJG Jan 09
But adding it didn't change anything. Maybe I need a much earlier save.

And I found Arabella again, it seems that she always appears in the jungle near the rocky shore at Jamaica every afternoon, not just while in Lucas quest. So perhaps it is possible to add some dialogue to her regarding her father. And maybe Lucas could have something to add?

But that line IS in quests_reaction.c and has been for a long time. :facepalm
The original problem was that the replacement governor used his own dialog file instead of Silehard's.
But that was fixed in Patch 3; I did a quick test through the console as per the Bug Tracker and it worked at that time. :modding

As for a further extended ending: sounds like fun, but I don't know who you might be able to convince to work on that...

Forget the extended ending, I'd better stick to existing bugs then, this game seems hard enough to mod.

I can also confirm not being able to board the Black Pearl. Some seconds after the ship transfer screen appears, the final video starts playing (and without the game entering pause mode!). I didn't mind much because the Black Pearl seemed like a cheat ship, wit 100000+ HP and faster than a modern battle cruiser. And besides, the Sovereign has more and bigger cannons... lots of them... ideal for razing the whole Caribbean quickly.

I'd like the CURRENT extended ending to work though! :shock

Actually, the game ISN'T that hard to mod and adding the things you suggest can be fairly easily added.
However, it still requires some effort from someone and there's already way too much to do and not enough people to do it. :facepalm

As for the Black Pearl issue, I do understand WHY that happens, but am not entirely sure how to fix it properly.
The reason is that the "end game" code is triggered as soon as Barbossa is killed, which happens before the ship transfer interface opens.
However, we need to change that so the "end game" code is only triggered AFTER you close that interface again.
Is this issue on the Bug Tracker yet? If not, can you please post it? Needs to be looked at some time. :whipa

If you DO manage to capture the Black Pearl, there is some code in place to swap the cursed Pearl (ridiculous HP)
with the normal Black Pearl (patched sails like in DMC/AWE). She's still fast, but not as much an uber-ship as the cursed one.

AAARRRGGGHH!!! It did it again! :modding Cozumel is gone due to ctd. :j3

I have some questions this time concerning the compile.log.
line 365---the main character got assigned to quest group. How is this done and what/where is a quest group?
line 366---Rys Bloom does not have a ship. He is a good officer, but not that good.
line 367---I don't know who Enc_Officer_1 is, but methinks it be safe to say he does not command one of me ships.
Me ships be commanded by 1. Me! 2. Fred Bob 3. Morys Dexter, a giant of a man that the lass's swoon over.

So, can some kindly soul help me make some sorta sense outta this mess? This time I sailed direct from Port Au Prince to Cozumel, so the logs are short and sweet.

I'm not at all sure how this can possibly happen, but it could explain the CTD when combined with Rys Bloom suddenly having an (invalid) ship type.
It is also possible that Enc_Officer_1 actually IS that Morys Dexter; I take it he is a random character and not a quest character, correct?

I do have an idea of what we could do to fix this. Please open PROGRAM\SEA_AI\sea.c and find:
Code:
if (iCharacterIndex == GetMainCharacterIndex()) { Trace("SEA: Error: You assigned main character to quest group... This is a error!"); continue; }
Replace with:
Code:
if (bAllies(rCharacter)) { Trace("SEA: Error: You assigned allied character " + GetMySimpleName(rCharacter) + " with ID " + rCharacter.id + " to quest group... This is an error!"); continue; } // PB: Attempted fix for CTDs at some islands at some points in some storylines
The original code prevented it for you, but this should prevent it for you and your officers, companions, passengers, etc.
Once you've done this, load your game and then try going to Cozumel again. Check if it still crashed and check compile.log again afterwards (whether it crashed or not) and show me what's in there.
Hopefully this fixes the CTD and, if not, it'll hopefully at least give us a bit more information.

Back