• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Main Quest: Broken at Cozumel

I tried it a while back in patch 7-2 WIP. I completed the boarding and killed Barbossa, getting his sword and sacking the ship. Then the movie kicked in and the Pearl sunk. In fact I can't remember ever capturing the Pearl in 5 attempts.

AH! That confirms my suspicions and that problem was never fixed. I'll give that a try, I think I've thought of how to do that.

AH! That confirms my suspicions and that problem was never fixed. I'll give that a try, I think I've thought of how to do that.

When the movie stated I cliked on the image in the bakegrondd the movie disapared and I captured the Black Pear.
B14 P7 WIP

Could be that people use Esc to stop the movie, which also closes the ransack interface. Anyway, I'll see what I can do to decrease the chance of it going wrong at that point.
When you've put so much effort in reaching and boarding the Black Pearl, you do deserve to be able to take her.

In PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\quests\quests_reaction.c find:
Code:
		case "Story_KillTheFinalBoss":
AddQuestRecord("Into_the_temple",6); // SA
DoQuestCheckDelay("Story_KillTheFinalBoss_2", 5.0);
break;
Replace with:
Code:
		case "Story_KillTheFinalBoss":
AddQuestRecord("Into_the_temple",6); // SA
// PB: Trigger video only on the worldmap to allow capturing the Black Pearl -->
// DoQuestCheckDelay("Story_KillTheFinalBoss_2", 5.0);
Pchar.quest.Story_KillTheFinalBoss_2.win_condition.l1 = "MapEnter";
Pchar.quest.Story_KillTheFinalBoss_2.win_condition = "Story_KillTheFinalBoss_2";
// PB: Trigger video only on the worldmap to allow capturing the Black Pearl <--
break;
This should make the video trigger only once you get to the worldmap (or on the next DirectSail update) and therefore allow you to take all the time you need to finish with the Black Pearl's ransack interface and take her for yourself.

Of course the video won't make too much sense if you didn't sink the Black Pearl, but I reckon that's a small price to pay, isn't it? :wp

Back