• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help major problem

Ben Coats

Freebooter
engine 2016-02-25 22-37-00-46.jpg
I'm out sailing building up my $, sailing and fighting skills, and I attack these 3 Spanish ships, I board the first thought it was a Carrack (it was a class for brigantine) used my case shot to dwindle down the crew to board, before that I had got an officer who was a good with the cannons and had found one of the bigger pistols (one that takes grapeshot balls see screenshot clearly there is my weapon right before I go to the capt cabin) during boarding I killed a few of the sailors with it on both upper and lower deck. got to the captians cabin and fired the pistol hitting him (I waited for the reload that never came) so I fought the capt for 20 min. after I won the boarding action the cannon officer was gone and so was the pistol I had been using. WTH????? I wish I had recorded this but I forgot to start that when attacking. now I'm back to the single shot pistol. major bug or what? cuz I have in my statistics no mutinies.

What about loading an older save and repeat the whole thing? Remember in AoP2 it was the same. You had to save the game as often as you could because of random crashes or bugs.

yeh well I made the mistake of saving it where my last save was right when I got free roam after getting the navigator, so I had to start all the way back over, now my crew is bout to mutiny on me....I have 135K and my ship costs (crew, repairs all that stuff is 363K when monthly wages come around ill screenshot it). my authority is almost gone. :(

Last edited:
Another proof for me that this game has to be build up slowly step by step if you are playing the vanilla version. I´m playing it SEASONED now, follow Redbeards recommendations and didn´t have any problems till now. I also found a way to get rid of this anoying enemy attacks after you start a new questline. I place my ship right in front of the Fort from the City where i start from, change to the worldmap, change automaticly back after engaging and let the fort sink my enemy before leaving. Like that i don´t have to repair my ship all the time and save a lot of money. I have all important officers at my side during every moment but only hire a crew if neccessary for a questline and fire it right afterwards till i´m in the need again. It also saves a lot of money to fire them before the changing of one month to another and hire them again after. The monthly costs are much less like that. If the rats are eating my cargo at sea, i simply reload the game to an earlier save because this is random generated and can be avoided. Like this you save enough money to survive;)

I deleted everything and started over (made it thru the quest line in a day 1/2 compared to the 4 days I spent this past wk.)

I can recommend you Fadey´s Quest "The Caribbean in a Nutshell" in Guadeloupe. Only that gave already 90.000 Pesos all together to me if you drink some wodka with Fadey afterwards he will be your friend forever and can help you, if your reputation is going down with other countries. Another good one comes from the Storetrader (you have to talk about business with him for that) in Martinique or Guadeloupe (it´s random and called "Dishonest Competitor") which gives 25.000 Pesos all together and is quick made money for a good start. Good Luck this time!:onya

Back