• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Make a mod for the new sea dogs : Sea Dogs : To Each His Own!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldManSparrow

Sailor Apprentice
Hello Pirates Ahoy I really loved the game Pirates of the Caribbean (Sea Dogs) with ya New Horizons mod.
but there is a new Sea Dogs with better graphics, settings ect. and I think its time for the PiratesAhoy Comunition to make a mod so bloody good that ya will be blessed in heaven.
I think its good to make a mod because if ya can do it exactly like the New Horizons mod but only with better performens and quality and stuff you can make an amazing mod.

see the trailer:

please reply so soon as possible because I cant wait for an answer

I really don't know, I searched the main game filesand still havent found any open programing like POTC or COAS, maybe there is, also Im a noob here soo,yea, there might be a way. A new challenge for the comunity :bounce

We will not be working officially on a mod for SDTEHO, this is Blackmark Studios all the way. The game seems to be even more locked down than CoAS, plus it is on Steam. That being said however, feel free to post any code changes that you may be able to implement and other people may find helpful in the new Sea Dogs To Each His Own forum.

Without an unlocked PROGRAM and RESOURCE\INI folder, there is nothing worthwhile that can possibly be modded at all.
Nobody here would even be able to fix bugs, because all of that requires access to code that apparently is not accessible.
So you'll just have to make do with the game as it is.

Even if those folders WERE open, it would require brand new people willing to mod the game to actually make it happen.
Most of the people currently already working stuff are extremely unlikely to be willing to mod this game at all.

And in the even more unlikely situation that people would be willing to,
it takes a lot of time, dedication, manpower and especially happy cooperation to make anything substantial happen.

PotC as it is now has taken a LOT of people over ten(!) years to make and we've still got plenty more to be done.
So draw your conclusions.... :rolleyes:

Aye mate.
Srry I didn't know about ini folder.
I can only fix the steam problem but more than that not. if I find a solution I will tell but tnx for making amazing mods

Ahoy I have fixed the steam problem and the rescource problem (I think) I have search on the internet and I have the things ya need but idk of its unlocked or not but the folder and stuff are there. if ya need the files I will send it 2 ya but I need permission to post it

I have some info that may be of interest for anyone that speaks and can read russian.
I found the following .. It allows cheating and modding..
From what i found through rough translating it all based on Pirates odyssey to each his own.
Only issue with what i have found is English usage is tricky.

Edit: i did try this and it does work just hard to play without english content

EDIT: See the topic further down

Need Help - Make a mod for the new sea dogs : Sea Dogs : To Each His Own! | PiratesAhoy!

Last edited:
Edit: i did try this and it does work just hard to play without english content
------------^^^^^^^^^
so those that already have the English version it goes back to Russian?? I'm Not understanding, really not good @ mods someone would have to take me step by step through it for me to do this. if anyone would like to help me pls send me a message me. I'm still stuck on hiring Crew, got 5.3K and still cant find any more missions to earn more $$$. or the next part of "freeing the navigator" quest. I just put my fraps back on where I can record games and get screenshots.

does downloading this:

File name cheatmenu1.rar cheatmenu1.rar
Размер The size 30.6 Мб 30.6 MB
Добавил added ************************
Дата добавления Date Added 5 августа 2013 August 5, 2013
Скачиваний downloads 18692 18692
Комментариев comment 133 133
Понравилось Liked 20 20

DOES IT ACTUALLY WORK????

Last edited by a moderator:
I have good new for you guys CheatMaster has sent me the English files to help mod the game!! :checklist
Where should I upload for you guys to start using it?

Here is my Mediafire link *************

Last edited by a moderator:
until someone can tell me these actually work I'm stuck.
1. don't have much $. had to borrow from the lender 8K @ 35% interest for 3 months.
2. 1/2 crew 1/2 ship
3. every time I sail, attacked and killed by pirates.
4. need a $ mod, where I don't have to worry bout that particular problem.
what I did in CoAS was had the mod where I could set my $, then all I worried bout was completing jobs, sea battles, trading, selling ships and keeping my crew happy, here, it's almost impossible if you don't have tons of $.

i included a readme in the archive
the cheats are like COAS press X in the corner to exit.
Press F1 to get 50,000 + 100 each time you press it.

once I've downloaded this I have no idea how to install it and mod the files (if it requires that) that's the point I'm trying to make, someone would have to walk me thru it very slowly......
I also have a FB group set up (did a search and no one had made it) for CoAS and SD TEHO, if anyone feels like joining, to add comments, post screenshots, tips, mod links, ect.

Post #10 by @1crash007 contains an indispensable set of files if anyone is going to take up the challenge of modding the English version of this game (even if it is only upgrading the dialogues from their current state to purer English!). Basically it contains the decompiled PROGRAM directory (English version as opposed to Russian as in post #8 & 9) and an engine.ini file pointing the engine at it allowing anyone with a will and the skill to make changes in those files. It also potentially gives access (via setting debugwindow = 1 in the same ini file) to the debug menu (in mostly English) which allows easy access via F11 to some cheats (money, immortality etc) but also visible locators etc. Depending on the politics of relations with Blackmark Studios, given their release has these files compiled, rather than leave it on an external site where it could be lost, perhaps someone with site maintenance responsibilities could position it appropriately on PA! for anyone with ambitions in modding (my attentions are likely to be elsewhere for the foreseeable future).

I did tweak the Greguar Valinnie dialogue (the tutorial guy) to give me 100000 pesos at the start as a test that what you alter is what you get and it works just as one would expect. So if the new release inspires a new generation of modders to get smoothing edges ....

debugmenu is not the cheats mostly visual and audio debugging.
The archive is already set with betatestmode on.

could someone pls PM me the steps on downloading and finding all the files, things like that, I cant find an backup "H", sea dogs to each is own, program, KKC, dialogs, Russian <------anywhere on my computer. all I have are steam files. I have NO IDEA how to add this.

:(:confused:o_O:unsure:fiddle

That is part of the reason I mentioned Steam above in my response to captain-gibs proposal. It is likely that the Steam English version is different than the original Russian version. The best place to find that out is on Steam, not here.

We do not have the time to put in to this game, we have too many other things going on here at the moment.

Hello,
Ben Coats, steam or not you should have an installation directory with the game file. Use your steam interface to access the game path on your computer. It should be with all your other steam games.
Or use the search function to find the "engine.exe" file which is the starting program of Sea Dogs.

I hope it's help, sorry for my bad English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back