• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Make interface show which perks a officer only contribute

Well start a new storyline and go to the tavern and talk to a officer. When ask how good he is and check out his abilities.
Do this for different types of officers :).

For 3.5 I want to change the way locked perks work. I want the locking of perk being character specific. So it could be you find a officer which has a perk unlocked already which you haven't unlocked yet. Altough this will be rare. Think that could add even more to the need of officers

Okay I know from the start some people are going to hate this!
Uhm.... Just to be sure, why do you think that? Because I don't think we really need any controversy about the Beta 3.4 we'll release.... :wp

Uhm.... Just to be sure, why do you think that? Because I don't think we really need any controversy about the Beta 3.4 we'll release.... :wp

I think it because it makes the game harder. You can't select all perks anymore for your officers so some people will whine about that because they now really have to pick 4 different kind of officers if they want to have the perks (and can't have them themself).

It was the same with locked perks. It made it harder for them so thats why they first had some objections, but I still think it made the game more interesting, if only because it forces you to do certain things so you might explore them while you else wouldn't have done it.

I very much like the Abilities interface showing only those abilities that are appropriate for each officer.
Since what they contribute depends on their officer type anyway, it is great to have that actually displayed.

Then shall we just go on and implement it?
@Pieter Boelen please include it in the next zip/installer you are making then we can see what other think of it.

So what it does now:
There is a group of personal perks (the combat perks) these will only be checked for the player. All other perks wil be checked for the full party. You will also see this in the interface. If someone in your party has the crew damage up it will show a checkmark for everyone who can also have this perk.
I think this will make things are lot easier in deciding which perks you should pick.

Oooh, clever! So if one officer already has a perk active, you will notice that and not give the same perk also to another officer! :onya

I think it would be nice if we had an additional toggle that allows you to choose from (or at least see) all perks. Especially when you have some officers you haven't decided what do with yet, or have in reserve.

There is a "Remove From Post" button in the F2>Passengers Interface.
Perhaps officers that are indeed so removed could show ALL available perks?
(As otherwise it might be none, which would be quite useless. ;) )

When you remove them from post they're "comrades in arms" and they only show the melee perks and the shared experience one.

Hmm....I will look into this issue. Can't promise it will be implemented for this release but I will do something with it.
Maybe some kind of item which allows you to see all perks would be nice. Giving you the ability from the start sounds a bit strange to me. I can see why you would want it, but I think it would also break the experience a bit. But if you could procure a certain item that would motivate you do get it if you want to chose from all perks of an officer.

There's no harm in seeing all the perks, is there? Even assigning them would be OK if they don't contribute anyway. ;)
As long as it remains obvious to the player that it doesn't have any effect....

Back