• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Abandoned Make settings for sailing easier to toggle

Jason Maffettone

Lord of Entropy
Quest Writer
Provisional
Storm Modder
Would it be possible to add a checkbox custom setting for the sailing realism? For example I like realistic sailing but don’t really care for the no direct sailing without having been there and don’t want to deal with counter-steering. Counter-steering should be assumed imo, especially since you don’t have your hand on an actual wheel where you can just intuitively return it where it was to straighten-out.

If you could pick and choose exactly what realism effects you wanted it would be much easier to get just what you want out of the system without having to downgrade a whole step because of one aspect you don’t enjoy.

Just a thought.

The extended options menu doesn't cover all options. Have a look at "InternalSettings.h". There are variables to do what you want - "DISCOVER_SAIL_TO" and "REALISTIC_SHIP_INERTIA" respectively.

I'd like to see the extended options menu cover all options in at least one of "BuildSettings.h" or "InternalSettings.h". Customising the game the way I wanted it used to be a three stage process - edit "engine.ini", edit "BuildSettings.h", edit "InternalSettings.h". Now it's a four stage process - all of the above to get everything not included in the menu, and in addition the extended options menu to get the things it does include.

You don't have to edit BuildSettings.h anymore. So it should still be a three-stage process. No? :confused:

I don't think there is any need for doing a lot of work to accomplish this.
So unless anyone has any other ideas, I'm considering this closed.

Back