• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Medium Priority Making Better use of Indian Weapons

Jack Rackham

ex train dispatcher
Quest Writer
Storm Modder
There should be a quiver which allows you to carry 12 arrows, else just 2.

quiver.jpg

There should be a quiver which allows you to carry 12 arrows, else just 2.
Where or when can that item be found? If I recall, it is a quest-only item at the moment which isn't yet used anywhere.
I recall that the second store on Aruba was going to be an indian one selling that kind of items, but that hasn't been done yet.

The natives don't have this item with the bow and arrows?
I'm pretty sure they don't; if I recall, the code you added didn't include it.

I don't know where to find it - just made the item.
That's what I figured.
Personally I like the idea of that Indian Shop in Aruba. I think that should be relatively easy to do if the selling of indian items is done purely through dialog.

I'm pretty sure they don't; if I recall, the code you added didn't include it.
Not good :oops: When POTC installed, I can fix that.
Personally I like the idea of that Indian Shop in Aruba. I think that should be relatively easy to do if the selling of indian items is done purely through dialog.
Indeed, through dialog :yes

Technically this is not a bug; the code to have those quivers used just was never added anywhere.

I'm wondering if they should have quivers at all. I like the idea of them NOT having it so that you need to go to the to-be-added indian merchant on Aruba.
Looting is a boring way to get nice stuff because it is just presented to you on a silver plate.

I agree, but there should be a way to get an quiver, and atm there isn't I believe.

No there isn't. The indian trader would be a way. The location is already there and so is the character.
All that is needed is a dialog to do it OR a separate "indian trader type" for the store interface.
Some items already have a .indian attribute anyway and it would be quite nice to have exclusively those shown in the interface.
Would be similar to the "sneaky trader" in that way. Also fits in with: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/making-use-of-more-unique-trader-types.24457/

Another thing that I think would be nice is of also the random Indians in the game would use the new special Indian weapons.
Would make a lot more sense than the random weapons they get now.
Any thoughts on that one or objections?

I think most of the random indians should use the new special indian weapons. However, a very small minority should also use swords or even pistols as stolen weapons from previous fights with settlers.

I think most of the random indians should use the new special indian weapons. However, a very small minority should also use swords or even pistols as stolen weapons from previous fights with settlers.
I doubt that will make things simpler. Will have to see what is possible there.

My suggestion was for Bartolomeu to not do anything.
The quest Indians do not need the special extra items, otherwise they would be available for free to the player while the Indians themselves do not need them.

What does need doing:
- Figure out why I cannot have a certain quest item be sellable, ideally to a Sneaky Trader
- Use this knowledge to have items with a .indian attribute sold only from a new Indian trader type
- Get random Indians to also use the Indian weapons

I was hoping @Levis might be able to look into at least the first (two?) of those, because I tried and ran into a dead end for reasons I do not understand.

I will look into the first 2. It will be for build 14 but I need some time for it.

As soon as you manage to get us unstuck on those ones, hopefully I can take it from there.

Back