• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Making Better Use of Special Locations

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Did you know about:
- The Bridgetown Apothecary
- The Bridgetown Maltese Knight Abbey
- The Turks Library
- The Port Royal Opium Den
- The Port Royal and Bridgetown EITC Offices
- The Willemstad WIC Company Office
- The Oranjestad Indian Trader in the port area (location present, functionality not yet)
- IDEA: Put a copy of Vanderdecken's Cabin in the Ship Cave on Cozumel

Would be nice if hints were scattered throughout the game to encourage people to discover these places.
They could also be put to use for Unlockable Abilities, the proposed Achievement Quests and our proposed proper custom Trader Types.
For example, imagine a unique Fetch Quest to bring medicine to the Bridgetown Apothecary.

I'm sure there are more! To all members, if any spring to mind,
feel free to post them so we don't forget. There's just SO MUCH in this game by now! :cheeky

Last edited:
Hmmm...I see some nice use for the Turks Library.
Doing a little quest for them rewards you with a skillbook (book that unlocks a perk).
Was thinking about a "reclaim book" quest :p. The library asks you to get back a book from someone in the town.

Fetchquest for the apothecary shouldn't be a problem. Think I could add that very easy.

@Jack Rackham I have some nicea idea's but need to work them out a bit more. But I might be interested in your offer :).

Delivery would be nice but fetching is better I think. I could add that to the fetchquest I think.
Which towns have a wine cellar?

Only think needed would be there is someone in the cellar to actually give you the quest.

Sounds good. Dont know if we have any taverns with a entrance closeby? I will see if I can find one or two nice locations for it.

Governor's Harbour on Eleuthera has a wine cellar. I don't think any other towns do.
This is quite a funny location, because there is a hidden cave with enemies there.
And in that particular tavern, we used it as the room that you sleep in! :rofl

I thought there is a wine cellar at Tortuga. :fiddler

And yeah, what is about that hidden cave there at Eleuthera? I never get around to clearing that cave up.
What's in it? Is there some kind of special item you might find there?

And yeah, what is about that hidden cave there at Eleuthera? I never get around to clearing that cave up.
What's in it? Is there some kind of special item you might find there?
Nope. It's just a dungeon like any other.

But that does lead to another interesting idea of scattering special items throughout various of the special areas in the game.
In other words, make it REALLY pay to explore! Rather than the items scattered around being nearly all boring random items.

You could also add some of the locations as treasure quest locations.

Are there any hostille people in the opium den?
Else we might be able to let them sell you opium and smuggle it to some islands. Would that be an idea?

You could also add some of the locations as treasure quest locations.
True. Should not be too hard to add more treasure quest locations, though we do already have a fair few.
Most annoying part is probably finding the x,y,z coordinates for the chests, but console.c is your friend there.
Also since I rewrote the system, you can place the chest anywhere and not just on pre-defined locators in the model files.

Are there any hostille people in the opium den?
Else we might be able to let them sell you opium and smuggle it to some islands. Would that be an idea?
There are only ever three characters in the Opium Den and they aren't ever hostile. :no

There is no "opium good". Would you propose we add a new good to the game for that?
If we are going to add new goods, I'd also be most interested in a "Coal" item that appears in the last two time periods.
Then we can have the Steam Frigate engines be coal-powered instead of burning planks.

I was thinking of adding the opium as an item. If you ever played elder scrolls then maybe you remember Skooma? I was thinking about something like that :p.
And you can smuggle it to islands for a nice profit.

hmmm....think we can ... but needs a bit of work to get it done....

Back