• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Making Better Use of Special Locations

@Levis: With your new ZIP, I've got a "tailor.h" file in the DIALOGS folder but not an "apothecary_fetch.c" one. :confused:

@Jack Rackham: Do you remember if there was some sort of "large mine" location in GM files already hiding in another game somewhere?
It just occurred to me that it would be pretty cool to place that on Petit Tabac for the Silver Train sidequest.
That could replace the BuildingSet "mine" that is currently in place and would probably look a lot more impressive.

Yes, there's one in POTEHO. It has one exit with a wooden palisade and one that's just a path
between rocks. Could this work?

Attachments

• POTEHO mine.jpg
    POTEHO mine.jpg
    1,015.6 KB · Views: 170
Probably could be made to work, yes.
Maybe some of the houses would need removing or retexturing because it seems a bit much for an island that is supposedly uninhabited.

I checked and the model can be opened with the TOOL so that can be arranged.

Yes, maybe some abandon wooden shacks instead.

some wooden shacks sound good :). And maybe remove a few if possible? (especially the multi layered ones)

Removing is probably better with alpha maps.

But anyway, it was just a nice idea for the future.
No high priority.

I thought to make the textures used for the surfaces into alpha maps using hex editing or something.
So the buildings would be invisible bit still there.
That would avoid editing the geometry of the GM file at all.
But if sinking them in the ground works without ill side effects, that can be done to too.

Maybe some of the houses would need removing or retexturing because it seems a bit much for an island that is supposedly uninhabited.

If the island is uninhabited ( no other town or village ) then you need enough houses at the mine for soldiers of the mine garrison to live in, and also to provide some shelter for the miners/slaves and overseers who work in the mine.

Plus the mine commandant / garrison commander and his officers are going to want some decent accommodation, and an office.

Then there is store rooms for supplies & equipment. :yes

So I don't think there are too many buildings in the model.

:drunk

Back