• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Making marrige worth while

Officerpuppy

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
Other than being a drain on your purse, getting married with Isabella does next to nothing other than adding a sort of RPG element.

Here are some suggestions on how to make things more interesting which I think might be accomplished with an experienced coder.

1. In dialog she says that she has dinner with the governor or his wife almost all the time, wouldn't be be awesome if she could function as a diplomat for that nation? Since she is Spanish, if you have poor relations with the Spanish, she could talk favorably of you to someone (for free) and raise your standing to neutral.

2. Since she's so chatty, maybe she could be a good source for rumors (for free of course). Maybe divulge the location of some gold fleets for example. Lets face it, not everyone who marries her are in league with Spain so this could be useful. Of course the problem is she doesn't like it when you plunder.....

3. Make it so she's oblivious to your actions at sea. Who's going to know what you sunk hundred of miles out in the ocean and then tell your loving wife of your evil deed? Unless....

4. (This suggestion is more complex) Tie officer loyalty to your actions on land or sea. Say you have a disloyal officer and he leaves your service. What better way to get back at his former captain than by going to his wife and telling her who he's sunk, where he's slept and how much he's stolen. The dialog could be something like "One of your former officers paid me a visit and told me the following...

I'm sure you guys can come up with other great ideas, these are just based on the Isabella quest and her functions. Something id love to see in the future would be giving governors daughters or nieces or something with the same functions as Isabella. Or even a son or nephew for female hero's to chase after. Problem is, that would require a lot of scripting and some quest writing....but perhaps one day we'll get it done.

I know this was posted quite awhile ago, but I love the idea, was it implemented or still just an idea?

Just good ideas, but idea #3 is closer to reality than the rest. I've currently made it so she lets you sink everyone except Spanish and Dutch (Spanish since she's Spanish and Dutch because they are allied) ships but it needs to be tested.

Back