• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Making Town Capture Boarding Locators

Well Pieter, I will test this out now, but I think we can mark this thread as solved finally :pirateraft

I do hope so! I'll leave it open until it has been confirmed though. The changes have been made and I tested what was known to be bugged.
But you never do know; bugs are nasty little things and when you fix one, another often appears in its stead. :facepalm

Problem for me since I'm using cheats is getting enough officers, however, with my high leadership skill, all I have to do is board pirate ships and convince the captain to join me xD

Now here's a challenge for you: Try to take over the Caribbean WITHOUT using cheats!!! :woot

For testing purposes, I've just been giving myself officers through code. Easily done with the console. Doesn't make for very interesting gameplay though. :no
Plus.... you won't get to see any potential weird effects from using officers that have a history to them. That can potentially cause.... stuff....

Well, I'm kinda trying to test it too, but yeah, I'll obviously do it one day without cheats, and without starting myself out with a 1st rate ship of the line, LOL

Fair enough. That's how I've been testing too. Deliberately on a low player level so that the enemies in the forts and towns are real weak.

So how is it working for you now? Still have your crazy "fort commander required" issues or is that now properly fixed like it is supposed to be?

Here's a shot from the Assault on Bridgetown during the Standard storyline.
Note that the fort has taken damage. Apparently those non-player enemy ships there DO fire on my fort.
Then why have I so far not seen MY ships firing on ENEMY forts? o_O

Attachments

• SeaFortFiring.jpg
    SeaFortFiring.jpg
    533.6 KB · Views: 225
Ah, I still need to test the "Fort commandant Required" bug, give me a bit of time, I'm actually putting this post out in between college classes right now, so, lol, I'll get back to you by the end of tonight though.

End of tonight? How am I supposed to survive until then without knowing!?! :razz

Give me 2-3 more hours to finish some stuff with school and I'll test this and let you know after then, you'll have a response within 4 hours for sure.

Well I decided to live dangerously. :dance

Tried using the Capture Colonies on Cartegena - with latest test version of game - 16 Sept

Destroyed the Fort OK.:onya

Fought through the Fort OK :onya

Fought through the Port OK ( except for the crew member in the image - he is going to :walkplank later ) :rofl

Fort and Port fight was good - no additional crew and the defenders had swords & guns and used them. :onya

Then tried to enter town and just got a blank screen with melee sounds - see attached error logs.

PotC Beta 3 Cart_CC.JPG

Attachments

• error.log
    758 bytes · Views: 221
  • compile.log
    32.5 KB · Views: 206
  • system.log
    37.8 KB · Views: 210
AH! Cartagena uses a different locator file and therefore needs a different locator boarding file.
Extract attached to RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\Town_Redmond\Town_01 . That should get you through.

Attachments

• Red01_l_xbb.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 203
Hey Pieter, that glitch is no longer coming up, once you have that colombian town done, then the CC mod will be pretty much perfect! :cheers

I think the fix is already in my previous post. :whipa

Some of the boarding locator files could still use some work though. Some have only 3-vs-3 locators, while others have more than 10 on each side.
Based on the code, I have decided that 6 on each side should be sufficient. But 3 is not enough. So that has to be addressed at some point.

Also, a couple of locations are missed out, especially in Cartagena, because I know they don't have the required locator files yet.
The opening post explains how to make them; it isn't very hard and not even that much work either. I do hope somebody will be willing to look into it.... :wp

Well, a couple bugs I found. 1. Eleuthera is BUGGY, Traveling along the shores of the island, I constantly get Sail Ho! loading screens like I'm finding new land, I'm able to get to the governor's harbor fine, but Alice town I can't get to so I can't even Test the CC mod on there... 2. When you try to sleep in the tavern at the pirate fort in Bonaire, it comes up with a weird error saying function not found. (This was after I captured it, not sure if capturing it has any affect on this bug)

Last edited:
Never mind that, I messed up, however, it is odd how alice town gets removed from the list of fast travel locations when you sink enough american ships, and the sail ho! thing is still an issue, but you can legitimately capture the town. The Bonaire Pirate fort tavern issue is still occurring for me though.

I captured Alice Town successfully myself. There is no link between Fast Travel port icons and the ships around the island.
The only link that IS there is that you need to sink all US ships before you can Land Troops at Alice Town.
You need to have a flag hostile to the US hoisted for that though. That confused me a bit when I initially tested there.

"Sail Ho" and "Land Ho" are not the same thing. However, I did notice that the radius of Eleuthera on the worldmap is VERY small.
So you have to be nearly right on top of it before you can reload there. And then when you do, you really ARE loaded right on top of it.
That is without Open Sea Mod enabled, mind, which probably would make a difference there.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure that limited radius is to prevent it interfering with the huge island of Cuba right next to it.

What you could do is to press the [0] key on your keyboard to temporarily disable the DirectSail mod.
That'll get rid of all island reloads and "Sail Ho" messages.

Well, idk what you want to do about the tavern thing in bonaire then, but also, after I captured alice town, I set Taxation to normal but I'm not getting any additional gold from alice town ever since I captured it! Not that I would expect to get much, but I'm literally getting nothing.

When you try to sleep in the tavern at the pirate fort in Bonaire, it comes up with a weird error saying function not found. (This was after I captured it, not sure if capturing it has any affect on this bug)
The Bonaire Pirate fort tavern issue is still occurring for me though.
Just tested this myself, both before and after capturing it, but cannot confirm the problem.
Exactly what error are you getting on your screen? Check your compile.log file as well.

Back