• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Making Town Capture Boarding Locators

I did put it on there, tailsman (or was it armada?) told me to also post it here.The topic is problems with ALL forts Also, one other thing is that the forts would mix up the governors and fort commandants when I selected them, and it didn't allow me to change them, which I think has something to do with this... Link: http://forum.pirates...with-all-forts/

So, has there been any work to this feature at all within the past 1 month 1 week since I last posted? Just curious, if not, I completely understand, there is a lot going on right now in terms of modding this game.

:no

I don't think any work has been done on this mod recently.

Pirate_KK created the mod - and most of his time is devoted to the COAS source code at the moment. -- see this post -->> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/16966-age-of-pirates-ii-piratesahoy-edition/page__view__findpost__p__407719

:ixi

Well, how could I help? This is still by far the most bugged feature in the game, yet if we took it away, It would take a lot out of the game....

Well, how could I help? This is still by far the most bugged feature in the game, yet if we took it away, It would take a lot out of the game....

If you want you could PM Pirate_kk and ask which bugs in the mod still need fixing - which files are used in the mod, & where are the bugs that he knows of.

:mm

A few days ago, I noticed that in InitTowns.c, a couple of towns didn't have their appropriate governors set through code.
I have done this now, so hopefully that'll help at least a bit with the performance of this mod in Beta 2.

that probably would stop a couple of the bugs, I would look into this mod myself, but idk what files I would have to look at...

Stick attached file in PROGRAM\Towns, start a new game and check which towns do and do not work; that would be a good start, I suppose.
I think Talisman already has such a list posted on the Bug Tracker somewhere; we'd have to re-find that for reference.

well, I know the french fort on saint martin doesn't register ANY hits... maybe I could start there...

EDIT: Nothing seems apparently wrong with the file you gave me, I don't think it's the source of any of the real problems with the capture towns mod, but if you happen to know where the fort code for the french port on saint martin is, then I'd like to look at that since the fort isn't registering any hits whatsoever....

EDIT 2: What does this line mean when it's set at 1 and when it's set at 2? (it appears in all towns and I'm curious to know what this does just in case we end up linking any bugs back to this...)

ctown.shipberth = 2; // KK

I have no idea why the fort doesn't register any hits; maybe it's the way things are modeled. :modding

shipberth sounds like it's got to do with ship berthing and not town capture.

Well, a couple of recent glitches have me to the point where I don't know where I could start whatsoever (ie. your own fort not recognizing you in some saves after a couple of in-game weeks)

I think Talisman already has such a list posted on the Bug Tracker somewhere; we'd have to re-find that for reference.

List is posted here --->>> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/13281-making-capture-town-boarding-locators/page__view__findpost__p__389087

It is for Beta 1 Patch 5

:doff

well, I seriously doubt the fort situation has changed at all since no one has worked on it so long, thanks tailsman.

Exactly; Talisman's findings should still be exactly the same. Unless that initTowns.c file I posted helps anything. The only instances where I think it might help though is on Aruba and Curacao if I recall.
Provided the problem there was that you do get to fight in the fort and town, but never reload to the governors mansion due a lack of coded governor.

eh, never did try either of those yet, I'll try them when I get a chance, see what happens.

Hey guys, I really want to work on this mod, but idk where to start, if anyone can help me at all in terms of getting started, I would really appreciate it, and of course, any other fixes created by other people is appreciated too :p

As a start, maybe you can check if Talisman's findings are still correct: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/13281-making-capture-town-boarding-locators/page__view__findpost__p__389087
I'm wondering if maybe a bit of it has been fixed? Such as perhaps Oranjestad; I'm still hoping that one might work now...

k, I'll test that once I get a chance and let you know if it works.

Back