• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Making waves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hook wrote a SetNextWind function for PotC that is in PROGRAM\Weather\WhrWeather.c:
Code:
// call this with sDir = "" to use old wind direction
// call this with speed < 0 to use old wind speed
void SetNextWind(string sDir, int speed)
{
   int dir = -1;
   switch (sDir)
   {
   case "N":   dir =  0; break;
   case "NNE":   dir =  1; break;
   case "NE":    dir =  2; break;
   case "ENE":   dir =  3; break;
   case "E":    dir =  4; break;
   case "ESE":   dir =  5; break;
   case "SE":    dir =  6; break;
   case "SSE":   dir =  7; break;
   case "S":    dir =  8; break;
   case "SSW":   dir =  9; break;
   case "SW":    dir = 10; break;
   case "WSW":   dir = 11; break;
   case "W":    dir = 12; break;
   case "WNW":   dir = 13; break;
   case "NW":    dir = 14; break;
   case "NNW":   dir = 15; break;
   }
   if (dir != -1)
   {
     OWeatherAngle = Degree2Radian(dir*22.5);
     gWeatherOvrd = true;
   }
   if (speed >= 0)
   {
     OWind = iclamp(5,30,speed);
     gWeatherOvrd = true;
   }
}
Of course this was written for the new PotC weather system and may not work in CoAS straight away.
But I think you should start your test by deliberately triggering a LOT of wind in port to make sure the waves are as high as they get.
Then you probably have to look at that MaxWaveHeight code and see if you can increase that one way or another.

I don't necessarily agree with your opinion that someone would have done it already. After all POTC has always been the game that coders were more interested in.
Mainly because back when we DID have quite a few coders, PotC was the only of those games that has existed.
By the time AoP and CoAS came out, we've been struggling on PotC as well.

I am interested to see what you have introduced as wavy sea out of ports if there was development on that.

Take a look at these. These show my progress. I finished it over six months back to my linking. The first couple vids below illustrate the results. MK

:shockThe first two ... like a videocast from Paradise .... And the music ... perfectly matching :treasure:

When is the mod out ? Which storyline is the Inca Temple in the third video ? ...Moving to COAS, tho it will be difficult since I can't stop playing PotC ... :D

The waves are quite satisfactory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back