• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Man o' War: Corsair (Warhammer universe)

Redbeard

Sailor
So.. a pirate game set in the Fantasy Warhammer universe? Blasphemy? Possibly, but it fits the bill as an open ended piratical game. It reminds me of Sid Meier's Pirates, Mount and Blade Warband... and uh... Warhammer. Its got a Assassin's Creed Black Flag type sailing system, very arcadey from the looks of it.

I DO like the fact that without historical accuracy, they can have crazy fantasy ship types. Plaguenaught anyone?

Its in early access.

0286f410a9145a69e8f112fc8df2833da2bf03dbe8558a3883a142e482bd554b_product_card_screenshot_600.jpg

27cc3815892e78cafd8ea63d1f7ba8ec668ef9ed57041f6ad7cd5bcb67edeb7e.jpg

Man O’ War: Corsair -10% on GOG.com
Save 10% on Man O' War: Corsair on Steam
Man O' War: Corsair - Man O' War Corsair

Never been a Warhammer fan but this looks like fun and it's going in my wishlist. There's never enough pirate games out there. And the fantasy setting can make the unrealistic sailing less jarring than let's say Black Flag.

They've added crew management in the latest update, again partly based on player feedback (I even recommended they take a look at New Horizons for inspiration). You can assign each sailor to different duties (rigging, cannons, boarding, cook, lookout, repairs...), level them up, customize their weapons and even rename each of your crewmembers (the biggest ships have something like 25 crew so it's not as overwhelming as it sounds). They can receive new traits and injuries. It's looking very promisng indeed.

Last edited:
Wow, that's quite fancy!

How much time do you spend inside game menu's for that though?

That depends, I just spent half an hour making up nicknames for all my crew.

They get automatically assigned to a station but if you want to make sure that their starting perks are put to the best use or that all your marines have a shield, you have to do a bit of micromanaging and sort them out yourself. You also have to level them up manually by picking one of three perks or traits each level. They're partly related to their role on the ship (Marines get melee upgrades, cannoneers get faster reloading, etc.

Back