• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mefisto...is this normal?

Izzie

Landlubber
Ok I did the quest and I got the ship but I can't put anything on it. No ammo, food,or cargo. I can add crew only. Is this normal? Or is something bugged? I would have to sell off a perfectly good boat to finish the main quest in order to keep this one. However a ship that can't carry anything is of little value.

No I dont think that is normal,althought it is a quest ship,I have had the Mephisto and you should be able to do the same things as any other ship. :blah::

Does anybody know if the letter you get from the priest in redmond to release the prisoner is suppose to be removed from your inventory. I loaded an older save and still got the same results. I can't put anything but crew on that ship. This game seems to easily corrupt and I'm trying to figure out just when it went bad. A hard thing to do I know. Are you alone on the beach before you board for the fight with the quest ship, I can't seem to get officers to follow me. I do have that bug with the floating gun stuck against a wall in Redmond...could the corruption have started then? The bad saves are really starting to get to me. You never know when or where or why it goes bad but it trashes the heck out of quests =(

Nothing to do ith floating weapons,that happens to everybody,Your playing with 10.1 build right,if so there was a bug that caused game to crash when you went from the shore to your ship after defeating animists and then you take on the Mephisto,did you get NK patch for this. :blah::

yes and I am using the build 10.x and the fixes that we available. Don't think that this bug thing has anything to do with the build though. I just wondered about the floating gun thing cuz the game saves get corrupted rather easy no matter what builds, mods, or plain box your playing =). I could board the ship fine just couldn't put anything but crew on it. I tried to store that ship but that does make the game crash right now. I think the fix on that is coming though. I just said to heck with it and sold off that ship since this game was more or less a test to make sure all the quests and stuff was working.

If you cant put crew on its because you need minimum crew on both ships
I can Email you layup ships fix if you want it it will be fixed in next build. :blah::

i have a similar problem

im sitting here in the end of the Mephisto quest, and i really really want that frigate, now ive manage to board it a couple of times after having swept its deck with grapes to avoid too much fighting, and hell ive even catched it undamaged once, now. after this i transfer my ENTIRE crew (wanted to be sure, and i had stolen the old frigate from the frencies anyway) over on the Mephisto, but i was surprised that i could not get the ammo and cargo over with it, figuring it may have been some kind of bug i sailed to the nearest port and put down anchor, i coulndt buy anything there either !

ive tried six times now, and gotten quite adept in taking the frigate over, but thats hardly a help when i cant stick anything in its damn cargo hold !

im using the newest version of the build(i think) 10.1 :)

Have you checked to see what exactly is in your cargo hold? Each ship only allows XXX amount of goods period (all depends on the size of your ship). You can try to auto sell then auto buy, (save before you try) OR you can sell off everything you don't need like clothes, linen, paprika (just some uneeded cargo off the top of my head) What you NEED to survive is ammo, wheat, sailcloth, planks and rum.

Yep sounds like your cargo hold may be full,it tells you on interface screen how much available spce is left in cargo hold,you may have to sll some off to get more ammo :):

you dont understand, no matter what i do i cant put stuff into the cargo hold, its utterly pointless to sail about in a vessel where you cant put cannon ammo or food/rum in nevermind repair supplies such as planks and sailcloth.

im sure my cargo hold is not full, and im sure the mephisto's cargo hold is not full either, ok?

Well than its a bug if your sure,not much you can do until Nathan gets back unless ya wanna do a complete reinstall,that may work or may not. :cheers:

No offense Shrike but how do you know that your cargo hold is not full if you have not looked. From what you wrote I am getting that you have not looked, your just saying it's not full. But, then, so I guess you'll have to wait Nathan also.

none taken, but if you look at the transfer cargo screen there are 2x (number)/(number), one under each ship.

first one indicates used cargo hold, latter one indicate total cargo hold right ? now Mephisto's cargo hold says 0/2500 and i cant stick anything in there !

this holds true for when buying from merchants too, see the issue now ?

ok check out the `walk-through` in the tips and tricks section. It's in the side quest parts under : Strange things in Arperchio. You do have to have a " good " rep to start this. I haven't tried doing it since the last time since it's a long one and I'm not sure if my game or the ship itself was bugged ( read above posts ). Rico it's a type of frigate. Suppose to be the best one in the game. But due to many ships in the NK build, I'd have to say I didn't cry to hard when I found it bugged =). I'll post again after I try this in my current gameand see if I have the same trouble. I just like the quest itself.

Or you can talk to the women in front of Douwsen Governer to start the quest,but ya do need NK Mephesto bug fix or you will be hooped :D

Back