• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mefisto Problem in Build 10.1

CadienFV

Landlubber
Hi.

I have a problem with Mefisto. When I was in battle with it, I noticed that it did not fight back, and after I captured it, it turned out that the ship's cargo hold is empty, and there is no way to transfer anything to it. I tried reinitialising, but that did not help.

I had a problem before where I crashed to desktop every time I tried to fight it, and I followed the advice in another thread to fix it. Was the fix not complete?

someone else had same problem,Mephisto was fine before NK fix,but since then a few people have posted with that problem after his fix and NK is MIA :D

Havent had any probs with that, and i'm using the mefisto now.

But when I take a hunt pirate q. the pirate most have the same ship as I.

thats a little anoying
xD::

Hi, ( NK Build 10.1 & European patch )

I've the same problem,

I crashed to desktop every time I tried to fight it... :evil:
What is the fix ?

Thks... :mrgreen:

Hit the "I" button to renitialize and also use the "T" button before you board your ship to go get the Mephisto. Hopefully that should help.

perhaps you just change a little in mefisto ships_ini.c
changed the cargo hold from 2500 to 3000
and I chng the max cannon.calibre to 32
load your game press I
try it :D

ok I tried to adjust the ships_ini.c file but that won't work unless I start a new game I think. Used the I key but it didn't change that ship. Might be because it's a quest ship. I know that NK is currently unavailable so does anybody else have any idea on fixing this. It doesn't seem to be a simple thing and this is the second time I have tried this quest with the same results..a totally useless ship. Since it is long quest I am not to interested in doing it a 3rd time just to see if the adjusting the cargo size works. Perhaps somebody else is willing to give it a go and check? NM I looked at it again and since it says that there is 0/2500 on that ship I doubt increasing the cargo size would help. -(

The only idea I have is to fix it so that the bugfix isn't needed, but that would require starting a new game.
It's what I did and I have never had a problem with the Mefisto.

Open up seadogs.c in notepad and find the following line:
        findCh = CharacterFromID("Dark Captain");  
        if(findCh.ship.type == "Frigate_sat") { findCh.ship.type = "Frigate_sat_" + PIRATE; } //bugfix.  

//UpdateAllTowns(false);  
        //StoreDayUpdateStart();
Then add // to the beginning of the first two lines so that they look like this:
        //findCh = CharacterFromID("Dark Captain");  
        //if(findCh.ship.type == "Frigate_sat") { findCh.ship.type = "Frigate_sat_" + PIRATE; } //bugfix.  

//UpdateAllTowns(false);  
        //StoreDayUpdateStart();

Then open up the TempQuestCharacters.c file in notepad (this file is in the PROGRAMCharactersinit folder)
Search for these lines:
ch.Ship.Name = "Mefisto";
ch.Ship.Type = "Frigate_sat"; // PS - SHIP_FRIGATE_SAT;
And then modify the line so that they look like this:
ch.Ship.Name = "Mefisto";
findCh.ship.type = "Frigate_sat_" + PIRATE;  

This might not work but I wonder if there is some kind of problem with the bug fix, either that or a corrupted file somewhere.

I _think_ you can also just redownload 10.1 and that'll include the code SirusDarke mentions. So you just have to press T after loading your save.

Can you send me a save of the Mephisto not accepting cargo?

Sorry I sold off that ship in both of the games I found it in. I will try to redownload the build and install it. I will have to start a new game so it might take me a few days to get to that point =).

Ahoy, me hearties! I've found de solution tew de problem of de Mephisto, mysterious as she may be:

I had the same problem transferring cargo to the Mephisto, but I found this solution:

Repair the ship first, it appears the pirates must have left it in such a mess such that it could not hold cargo. Even repairing 1% will do. Next, go to the ship's store and buy at least one of some item, say cannon balls. Now, go to the ship, sail up next to another of yours, and transfer all you like.

Arr, fair winds an' `lots-o`-gold to ye maties!

Similar to me:

Boarded Mefisto, switched ships, tried to load cargo from battleship - no function

went in Muelle to the shop, tried to buy something for Mefisto - no function

went to shipyard, repaired Mefisto, pressed "T", went to shop and.........

BINGO 8)

wow soo very helpful yew's are Buccanero! Vielen Dank! i have had much problems with this quest, and i love the ship, and i hated the fact that i couldnt use it. Eine solche Geldstrafe plagiiert Sie sind! :cheers

alas, Cat's request for help has made me addicted to speak german 8) hey...its good practice...i look at it that way :cheers

Yep, Captn Jack, the ship is funny and i love it too. :woot
But, i'm very sorry, it's a german ship now xD:

:eek:ops oh damned, where is the flag??

and sure, speak german, it's a good idea and a good training, for me the same in english, so let's have an international pirate rum :rolleyes::

Fixed.
Was a problem wherein (I surmise) the (original) captain of the Mephisto did not have a *.ship.goods attribute, and thus all the `goods-related` calls failed; and when you swap ships, the whole attribute tree is copied, thus the new captain (you or a mate) also then had no goods attribute.

Fixed by changing RecalculateLoad so it continues if goods attribute doesn't exist but ship _does_ exist.
Out in v11, which itself will be out ASAP.

Back