• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Mergildo Hurtado Tavern Locator or Location problem

VanessaHudgensFan

Freebooter
Banned
Hi,

I'm playing the Sao Feng quest in the Hoist the Colours storyline (Same quest as animist quest Sea Hawk storyline) and when I'm transported to the Tavern in Santiago after sunk the two ships with the red sails I got this screen, (see pic). Where is the normal Tavern and why is all black? This is the second time I played this quest and both times this happens.

Has this something to do with the Tavern of Santiago because that is a different one that the one in Bridgetown in the Sea Hawk storyline.

Attachments

• Hurtado Tavern.jpg
    Hurtado Tavern.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 86
There's a blurry color at the center of your picture. Is it only the screen? Is the quest still functional?

EDIT:
Try reloading to your previous save(s).

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to get through this normally? Recently?

Also, can you post your system.log from that situation?

Hi,

Yes the quest is still functional but the screen is always like this. A black screen with the dialogue of Mergildo Hurtado and if I'm not mistaken I could see my legs too sitting on nothing at the top of the screen if I look up.

I'll send my system.log tomorrow if I've got time because I have a busy day tomorrow but I'll try in the morning ;)

This quest is in the Tales of a Sea Hawk too and this part is in the Bridgetown tavern and there it always works properly and in the Santiago tavern in the Hoist the Colours I'll get this and I think it has something to do with the different taverns for Hurtado (that's the only logical reason I can think of but I can't fix it )

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Sounds like that might be a locator problem then caused by the different location.
Can someone upload a save just prior to that point? That should allow me to play through it and see if I can find some working locators instead.

Here ya go, the system.log file and a save game close to that point. Just must sink the two ships first because I couldn't save it so quickly after that.

I think it is a locator problem indeed but I'm not an expert in these thing hehehe :p

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan
NavalCaptain

Attachments

• Cuba Hurtado.zip
    805.5 KB · Views: 89
Here ya go, the system.log file and a save game close to that point. Just must sink the two ships first because I couldn't save it so quickly after that.
Aye, quest's still functional, only the screen is damned. seadogs2_0000.jpgseadogs2_0003.jpgseadogs2_0004.jpg

Attachments

• compile.log
    8.6 KB · Views: 81
  • error.log
    170 bytes · Views: 104
  • system.log
    15.5 KB · Views: 128
I'm just curious as to why no one ever mentioned this before? :nerbz

Because this is the second time I played this quest and I didn't spend time on it the first time I played this because the quest works, but now I see this again I had a feeling something is not right here and maybe it is a bug so I reported this, but I don't know if anyone had the same problem or they just don't report it because the quest works. It's only the screen ;)

Download to:
POTC\PROGRAM\Storyline\JackSparrow\quests

This should fix the problem

Attachments

• both_reaction.c
    185.7 KB · Views: 109
Back