• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Michiel de Ruyter

According to IMDB, this film will be released in the US on February 11'th, 2016. I am assuming that is a digital release as above and not theatrical. Hopefully I will finally be able to get a Blu-ray!

Yes totally agree.. second half only showed how Dutch people fight with each other and tear each other apart, while I believe it's the opposite.. otherwise how can a dysfunctional nation break free from the rule of hypocritical tyranny?

Overall, the movie was fascinating and it was unfortunate to see the rivalry between Tromp and Ruyter.. while I assumed they would have had a stronger relation.. since all the world wanted to get rid of the Dutch.. what reason could 2 admirals have in fighting with each other when they have the entire world to fight with..

After all, movies are meant for entertainment.. and it's no different than news channel.. in the end they are all businesses to entertain the viewer!

To add also, a related movie I recently watched is Kenau.. a forgotten Dutch woman who played a vital role in the liberation wars..

as well as Nova Zembla (more relaxed rather than battle oriented), but it has a strong naval touch to it.

Back