• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Might be a bit premature...

I will have to learn the UV in Blender. I have years of experience with 3ds max...so I don't think the learning curve in blender will be too steep. Time is not plentiful for me regardless of what I do. But I will begin.

And the plans I will use are from the same link you CA sent me. Not the links to the actual jpegs which would have been nicer to use...but the ones that say you have to purchase. I saved the small images and I will break them into separate templates for my XYZ planes.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

They're definitely more than large enough to model from. I've used jpegs
the same size as the others, and the extra size is completely unnecessary. I've worked on less detailed plans than these more successfully than with the jpegs.
Click on the images in the spoiler for full-size.

In this case they are almost certainly large enough. though in the case of many larger vessels with many more scrolly bits and gingerbready stuff, the High definition plans will likely be required for a high detail model

I have dl'd them and will work with them. I will pursue some 2d sketches as I learn Blender. I noticed in reading some threads that there is no one working on character models. At least the post back in November ended with that subject up in the air.

We are currently working with CryDev on some of the character models and animations. We could sure use some custom models and skeletons, though whoever got into that part would end up being the 'expert' on them for a while. The character system in CE is still getting worked out and would be quite a bit of back and forth work between the modeler and me getting it to work right.

I have been swamped...as I initially said....but wanted to post this page of character quick sketches. It has been a while since I played with figures...so it is a bit crude. And I know that the poses are not for anyone wanting a template. But I did not want to put myself in abox and instead just wanted to sketch characters with the game setting in mind. There are no formal costumes on these...it is just my exercise in getting used to drawing the biped form again. I hope to continue on...but have a couple of paintings to get out.

I wanted to post something so you would not give up on me as someone just wasting your time. I think this will be fun for me...but need to find more time.

Characters_001a.jpg

Is this the right place to post my sketches or should I post in another thread?

Last edited:
Great to see! While you weren't gone terribly long it's nice to see this dedication and enthusiasm you have for the project. :danceDon't worry too much about being busy, everyone gets swamped every now and then and has to take breaks. It's that you come back that counts:)

Back