• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Minor bugs in Beta 3.3

The natives are already getting bow/arrows and tomahawks. The items are working, they just need to be assigned to the characters.
Not sure how to handle randomly generated natives, but they will definitely be used for quest indians.

What would the player need to do with a regular mahaquitl found in a treasure chest? They can't be as strong as swords, can they?
The idea is that the player gets to use the special one during one scene of one storyline only.

Perhaps I'll take my laptop with me this weekend, so then I could see about doing it Saturday. But I cannot guarantee I'll manage that....

Actually, seeing how exhausted I am getting the past few days, I really, really cannot guarantee I'll be doing it this weekend.
Maybe.... Maybe next weekend. Perhaps.
Computers are driving me COMPLETELY NUTS!!!!

Please also keep an eye out for that maquahuitl. It really shouldn't be showing up anymore, but weirder things have happened. :facepalm
Bad news: I'm still finding them in ship's chests. Should the patch prevent them from showing up in an on-going game, or does it only take effect if I start a new game?

Worse news: I haven't seen a blade care kit since I installed the current version of Beta 3.3. I did get one while I was playing the "Assassin" story to test Beta 3.3 at an earlier stage. But after starting again when the next version became available on 9th November, I haven't seen it on sale at any store or street vendor, nor free to pick up from any treasure chest. Both my overall level and my "Luck" skill are significantly higher than they ever reached during the previous game.

Bad news: I'm still finding them in ship's chests. Should the patch prevent them from showing up in an on-going game, or does it only take effect if I start a new game?
They should stop showing up, but you do need to Reinitialize with F11 to make the change take effect.

Worse news: I haven't seen a blade care kit since I installed the current version of Beta 3.3. I did get one while I was playing the "Assassin" story to test Beta 3.3 at an earlier stage. But after starting again when the next version became available on 9th November, I haven't seen it on sale at any store or street vendor, nor free to pick up from any treasure chest. Both my overall level and my "Luck" skill are significantly higher than they ever reached during the previous game.
Nothing for that item has been touched. Should still be the same as before. :shrug

Worse news: I haven't seen a blade care kit since I installed the current version of Beta 3.3.

Don't you despair. Just grab the borgiablade, luckily, in the latest update, the Caribbean's simply infested with them, for instance you may find up to 3 in a single locker:D, and go for the sword of Triton which needs no repairs:D

I know there are several swords which don't have variable quality and don't need to be repaired. In fact, as of Beta 3.3 latest version, you start the "Assassin" storyline carrying one.

But the blade care kit which I found in an earlier version said in its description that it gave +1 Melee. I thought Pieter had rewritten it to reduce the wear on a normal blade and was hoping to try it out. Personally I was never that upset about blades deteriorating and needing to be repaired anyway, and I'd still be carrying a Portuguese Officer's Sword which I found lying around in a dungeon (and getting it repaired every so often) if the game hadn't started me off with the Poseidon sword.

No item appearances have been touched at all. Except the mahaquitl which has been set to NOT appear. o_O

But the blade care kit which I found in an earlier version said in its description that it gave +1 Melee. I thought Pieter had rewritten it to reduce the wear on a normal blade...
I did, but didn't change the item description.... Yet.

I changed its behaviour only once and that was two versions ago and haven't changed it since.
Actually, I didn't even remove the +1 Fencing, just added the extra effect on decreased bladedamage.

No item appearances have been touched at all. Except the mahaquitl which has been set to NOT appear. o_O

(About the blade care kit): But either it's hiding a lot better than it did in the previous game or it's disappeared for some reason...

It's just it - things start to look really weird after you meddle with them. Take a look at the borgias for example - previously the item was quite rare to appear in the game, usually on the random street peddlers, but it was enough to link it with Blackbeard and here you go, you find one, or even a few(!) almost in every chest you search. Really weird.

That cannot possibly be related to the Blackbeard changes. The only thing I did for that is to add an extra effect that if you use a poisoned item on Blackbeard, his godmode is disabled.
The change I made isn't even technically limited to the Borgiablade. A poisoned throwing knife might do the trick too.

It might have to do with your character level. The Borgiablade is a low-level item and might show up in the early game, not later on its lower minlevel value would probably make it no longer appear.

I found the blade repair kit late in the game with the old install. So far I have not seen it in the latest install.

I can't use the borgiablade properly. It seems the best way to use it is to cut and run, but I keep getting killed when I try to run. Ita stats are so low I get killed if I try to stand and fight too.

That might work if I was also carrying a sword with good defense like the Walloon, but it only shows up late in the game when it is not needed. None of the early game swords are defense oriented, which is why I go after the soldiers and their great swords immediately if not sooner.

Back