• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Minor bugs in Beta 3.3

Check the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h and make sure that ENABLE_CHEATMODE is actually set to 1 there.

Yes, I guess it's the rarity. Compare with "compass1" rarity = 0,20. When you've found 10 Compass 1 you should have found 1 bladekit. (in average)
So far I have 13 of compass 1, and no sign of a bladekit. I've seen two luckcharms so far.

Soldiers get their weapons in a "special" way that overrides the "unique" code. I think the "soldier" code applies to certain ship captains as well.

Perhaps the Damascus Shamshir was supposed to be a PIRATE presentation blade? Check PROGRAM\NK.c for the actual code that hands out promotion rewards.
That shows the Damascus Shamshir to be the second Portuguese reward blade. Pirates only get one, the Dragon's Head.

Captains who exist as part of quests presumably have specific blades assigned, as opposed to the random blades given to random captains. Thus I now have a Dragon's Head, formerly the property of the late Roche Brassiliano. :g2

So far I have 13 of compass 1, and no sign of a bladekit. I've seen two luckcharms so far.
That isn't technically how statistics work. You'd need to play a LONG time to truly get up to those averages.
Also, it assumes both items have the same minlevel.

That shows the Damascus Shamshir to be the second Portuguese reward blade. Pirates only get one, the Dragon's Head.
Whatever is in NK.c is actually true, because that is where the items are given. Which initItems.c comments are wrong? We can fix them for the next release just to prevent any confusion.

Captains who exist as part of quests presumably have specific blades assigned, as opposed to the random blades given to random captains. Thus I now have a Dragon's Head, formerly the property of the late Roche Brassiliano. :g2
Indeed they do. All quest characters are individually set up with their own weapons assigned, which completely bypasses all automated weapon assignments.

That isn't technically how statistics work. You'd need to play a LONG time to truly get up to those averages.
Also, it assumes both items have the same minlevel.
I know. ;) Now I know the statistics for the bladekit, I'll be reasonably certain that there's a problem if I have a couple of hundred compasses and still haven't found it.

Compass1 is minlevel 1, compass2 is minlevel 4, compass3 is minlevel 10. Only compass1 can be found in chests, which is why I have several. The others are only available for sale, so I've seen them often and bought one of each. Luckcharm is minlevel 1. Bladekit is minlevel 3. I'm level 30. Somehow I don't think minlevel is what's preventing me from finding bladekits. :D

Whatever is in NK.c is actually true, because that is where the items are given. Which initItems.c comments are wrong? We can fix them for the next release just to prevent any confusion.
OK, looking through "initItems.c":
Cursed maquahuitl: I don't know where items in that part of "initItems.c" get their proper names and descriptions as seen in the inventory, but they don't appear at the moment. Thanks to your fix, I'm not finding any more where I shouldn't, but the one I did find shows up in the inventory as name "itmname_pistolmaquahuitl", description "itmdescr_pistolmaquahuitl". Those are what appear in "initItems.c" to be assigned to variables "itm.name" and "itm.describe" respectively. But similar values are assigned to those variables for the cobblestone, stinkpot and ether bottle, for example, and those have proper names and descriptions in the inventory.

The Damascus Shamshir appears in the full list of blades to belong to "PIRATE". In fact it's Portuguese. In the list of unique blades further down it's described as "Portugese presentation blade".

The Moorish Sabre appears in the full list of blades to belong to "PORTUGAL". In fact it's Spanish. In the list of unique blades it's described as "Spanish presentation blade". (I can confirm that, having received it after a promotion from Spain during the "Assassin" storyline.)

The Blade Care Kit is commented as being Good Luck Charm.

Actual item descriptions are found in RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS .
The mahaquitl one is special as it is only to be appear in the Bartolomeu storyline, so the item name is also only defined in that folder.

Level 36 here. I got the Dragons Head from Barbossa. I got one lucky charm early on and no bladekit.

The first time I went to Antigua, everyone thought I was an enemy of the Crown. The dockyard commisioner, the victualler, and most particularly the Admiral, all failed to acknowledge that not only do I have a genuine Letter of Marque from England, I've made it to rank Commander due to clobbering pirates. A quick visit to the governor of Charleston didn't indicate anything amiss, so I tried the usual fix for various troubles, which is to delete "options". It worked. Back at Antigua, everyone was now happy with my Letter of Marque, and the Admiral was willing to give me a job.

So the first mission from the Admiral was to take out the Belleville. I went to Guadeloupe and found it in the company of two Dutch ships, and since Holland doesn't like me because of some earlier encounters, I had to take on the lot. The French were armed with the usual mix of swept-hilt rapiers, backblade swords, Hibernians and the occasional Knights Templer sword. There were no French Nobility swords, despite those being rarity 0.15 and minlevel 16, probably because that's in the list of unique blades, being a presentation sword. The weirdness is that the Dutch did have Dutch Admiralty swords, also allegedly a unique presentation blade. They're not that unique, I got two of them. :) (Possibly from captains rather than random crew, but I don't know for certain from whom I took them.)

The Damascus Shamshir appears in the full list of blades to belong to "PIRATE". In fact it's Portuguese. In the list of unique blades further down it's described as "Portugese presentation blade".

The Moorish Sabre appears in the full list of blades to belong to "PORTUGAL". In fact it's Spanish. In the list of unique blades it's described as "Spanish presentation blade". (I can confirm that, having received it after a promotion from Spain during the "Assassin" storyline.)
Confirmed. They both have the wrong nationality set in the initItems.c table code. Should make no difference, since they are unique anyway and shouldn't show up at random.
But we might as well set it correctly to prevent any potential confusion. :doff

Back to my original aim of this thread, which is minor bugs that are maybe worth noting but not worth filing a full bug report:

At Port Royale, I went to the governor for a ship hunting quest. This was what I saw after accepting it:

not_found.jpg

Attached are the relevant log files. It's a minor bug because despite the apparent error, the quest showed no sign of a problem - the ship was there, I captured it, then I returned to the governor and got a reward. And a promotion, which showed a more serious bug - I was told that my fleet was impressive enough that I didn't need a promotion ship, despite only having two tier 5 ships in the fleet. That one has been logged in the Build Mod Bug Tracker section!

Attachments

• compile.zip
    5 KB · Views: 91
  • error.zip
    242 bytes · Views: 110
  • system.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 87
Back to my original aim of this thread, which is minor bugs that are maybe worth noting but not worth filing a full bug report:

At Port Royale, I went to the governor for a ship hunting quest. This was what I saw after accepting it:

View attachment 19290

Attached are the relevant log files. It's a minor bug because despite the apparent error, the quest showed no sign of a problem - the ship was there, I captured it, then I returned to the governor and got a reward.
Just for visibility, can you please make a bug tracker entry for that one anyway?
I'd like to check on it, but posted here there is definitely a risk of me forgetting about it before I get home. :facepalm

Back