• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Capture Colonies: Issues with Newly Replaced Towns

Dextr

Sailor
After you capture any fort and govern it yourself, the soldiers at the respective town depict a unique uniform. So far so good, but when you enter the tavern or the fort, all soldiers inside have a Nathaniel Hawk's model.

Regarding your newly promoted governors - there's an option for the letters of marque (assigned for side named as "Personal" or "Unknown") in the dialogue. These, imho, are absolutely illogical. What's more, the dialogue in general looks very clumsy - I mean these governors are selected by the player, so why not use some other dialogue pattern, other than the standart one?

After you capture any fort and govern it yourself, the soldiers at the respective town depict a unique uniform. So far so good, but when you enter the tavern or the fort, all soldiers inside have a Nathaniel Hawk's model
Those soldiers are randomly generated and are indeed different from the ones in the main town.
So I could indeed imagine that happening. Strange that nobody has reported that before.

Regarding your newly promoted governors - there's an option for the letters of marque (assigned for side named as "Personal" or "Unknown") in the dialogue. These, imho, are absolutely illogical. What's more, the dialogue in general looks very clumsy - I mean these governors are selected by the player, so why not use some other dialogue pattern, other than the standart one?
Only the Bonaire governor dialog has been adapted a bit to work for Capture Colonies.
All other governors keep their exact previous dialog, which indeed does not make sense. Somebody should adapt the other dialogs as well.
Or we should make a custom "Personal Governor" dialog file. But that might throw governor-based quests out of whack. :facepalm

Haven't had the time to look into it yet, I'm afraid.

Would it be possible for someone to make a list of all Beta 3.1 issues that should be addressed at some point?

Beta 3.1? Assuming that's not a typo, I may be able to help there, having recently reverted to Beta 3.1 myself. :D

Oops, indeed that WAS a typo; I meant Beta 3.2, of course.
Anyway, it would be good to have an overview of the main recent issues that should be resolved one way or another.

Can someone do a Town Capture on the Beta 3.3 WIP and check if this is still a problem?
If so, please provide a savegame afterwards so I can give it a check.

Aye, just about to reinstall the most recent version, then we shall see:) Were the governors' dialogues also addressed?

Nope. There are two options here:
1. Edit every governor's dialog file manually, which would be a lot of work
or
2. Give them a generic "player governor" dialog instead, which would definitely break any governor-releated quests for that town

Done checking. Yes, the problem persists - a clone army of Hawks and ugly governor's dialogue.

Now regarding the dialogue file: maybe I could tackle this problem? After all, the storm reducer proved to be ambiguos, so I'm not sure whether it's worth all the work, while Grey Roger took a hold of the blade care item, thus I could take the dialogues instead, which is, in any case, a certainly useful thing for everybody.

Indeed it would be nice if something could be done.

Check Reynard Grueneveldt_dialog.c for the only example of a governor that DOES have unique personal nation code applied.
Not sure whether it is best to handle it this way or to create a new generic "personal governor dialog" file.
That second option would probably be less work, but also potentially cause quest issues where your own towns are involved.

Done checking. Yes, the problem persists - a clone army of Hawks and ugly governor's dialogue.
Do you have a savegame for me to check?

Here you are. I also checked Reynard, but it doesn't make any sense either - you still get a bad dialogue after capturing the colony and assigning your own governor, if that's what you meant. The other one is Cayman.

BTW, you can check the FD submerging and upgrade issues in these saves as well.

Attachments

• saves.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 164
Thanks. Will have a look when I get the chance. :doff

For Reynard, he has a special section for when the town is player-owned:
Code:
        Preprocessor_Add("addr", GetMyAddressForm(NPChar, PChar, ADDR_CIVIL, false, false));
         dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[70];
         link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[71];
         link.l1.go = "Colony_management";
         link.l2 = DLG_TEXT[72];
         link.l2.go = "quests";
         link.l3 = DLG_TEXT[73];
         link.l3.go = "exit";

Again, I will request a savegame after capturing a town for the player so that I can check these Nathaniel Hawks in the taverns.
That is the problem, right?

:facepalm I just captured Bridgetown and did not notice anything odd. But I was not looking either.

You can try next time you start a new game. Just take any random town for yourself.
Ideally one that has a fort that can be accessed from land as well, since that might go wrong too.

Haven't touched it. I'll need a savegame after capturing a town for yourself.
One where you get a bunch of Nathaniel Hawks.

Haven't checked that one, but here's another weird staff related to fort capture by talking to the envoy:
1) there's no option for personal/pirates capture (screenie)
2) after choosing the last option (plunder), the relations with that country actually improve!

Attachments

• seadogs2_0023.jpg
    seadogs2_0023.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 147
Back