• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Missing Emoticons of the Pirate Kind

Indeed definitely need those. And all the other piratey ones for certain.

These have been re-added, I'll add more as I get the chance. The xenForo emoticons pulldown needs to be reworked, hopefully that is somewhere in their plans for the next release.
:shrug:modding:checklist:nerbz:nogood

Three cheers for this one: :modding It has been sorely missed in some situations. xD

The emoticons were the first thing I did, they are essential to properly express ones feelings! Mutiny's have been started for much less!
nainshache.gif

Added a few more :
:bow :8q :love:type1:sick

Now if we can just convince Keith to add THIS bit of code to EXTRA.CSS, the smilie display box will look so much better!

Code:
.xenForoSkin .mceSmiliesMenu div {
    width: 230px !important;
}

What's that do?

Anyway, how do we make the "modding" smiley appear? :modding doesn't work?

Instead of 5 rows across, and straight down to infinity, it makes the smilie display box as wide as you want it, so you don't have to scroll down the page.
Anyway, how do we make the "modding" smiley appear? :modding doesn't work?

It doesn't?? :modding

I changed it to use both :
Code:
:modding
:E

Now if we can just convince Keith to add THIS bit of code to EXTRA.CSS, the smilie display box will look so much better!

Nevermind, I am a moron! :facepalm

Emoticon drop down box has been fixed! :onya

So Keith doesn't need to have all the fun after all. Nice work, Thag, that's much better! :cheers

Thanks mate, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. :rolleyes:

I really like the way xenForo handles emoticons, there is an option to put them all in to one PNG and then select them by position, that way they don't have to be loaded individually every time the page is reloaded, and they can all be loaded at once. Unfortunately from what I have read, that won't work with our animated smillies because they use different frame rates.

If someone was to take the time and make them all the same, then it would be possible, but I am not sure that the performance improvement would be worth the effort. It does show just how well designed xenForo is though!

Suggestion:

Replace ":)" with "
smile.gif
" (I like it slightly better :p).
Replace ":drunk" with "
buds.gif
".
Replace ":yes" with "
yes.gif
".
Remove ":bow" and keep just ":bow".
Replace ":razz" with "
razz.gif
", I guess.

I guess others will be added later.

By the way, ":cheeky" and "
icon_mrgreen1.gif
" are not exactly the same. There is a slight difference!

I agree, thanks for pointing them out mate, changes made. :onya

Added a few more, it is starting to get a bit crowded though, so I doubt I add many more unless it is something epic!
:diomed :bonaparte:beer::flower:ko:xmas:thumbs1:thumbsdown2:pirateraft

So... with the FTP now down, nearly half of our emoticons have disappeared. Does anyone have any back-ups they could upload elsewhere? There's a lot of blank images around the forum. :facepalm

See attached for what I've still got.

Attachments

• Emoticons.zip
    258.7 KB · Views: 201
Back