• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Missing Lore

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
So I just watched on stanger tides again and there is some lore in there also which probally should be covered by this storyline also.
Now I must admit I haven't played all sidequests yet so I might have missed something. So I will post which I think should be included. If people agree with me and its not in there we might be able to add it lateron.

Angelica:
According to on stranger Tides she is the "girl from seville" who jack pretended to love to get "something" and then left her. Earlier in the film Angelica talks about him leaving her and he being in a Spanish convent which he mistook for a Brothel. Now I don't know the exact story behind this but it must make for one hell of a funny story probally :p.
Later on in the film they talk about La Martinique where they had a romantic "something". While she was trying to kill him in Saint Dominique. Both of these locations are already in the game so we must be able to do something with it.
Maybe its nice to include scarlet and giselle in this part to. Make them so upset because he was going for angelica or something like that.

New Guinea:
Gibbs talks about a technique they perfected in New Guinea which he used to get on board a ship and to steal the pearl back and also plunder theire Rum. This "technique" is probally something they used more often then so might be nice to include it somewhere.

And then they made me theire chief:
Something from the First POTC movie. It's a quote jack sparrow makes and its refering to something which happened before. During the commentary of the writers they say it has something to do with a canibal tribe and during the commentary of the second film they say the tribe which he became chief this time is actually the same as before. So it might be nice to include something like this in the questline also. Jack's struggle to become theire chief. Which would explain why he becomes it so easy the next time.

So I think these are the things or now I can come up with which are missing form the storyline (as far as I can tell). Can someone say if they are actually in it?

Nope, none of that is in it. There's some more stuff missing too, such as the "sacking of Nassau without even firing a shot" mentioned in the first film.
Of course we don't have Nassau, but we can easily move it to another port. If we can move Hornblower to the Caribbean, that is a tiny inaccuracy by comparison.
Also, if I recall "impersonating an officer of the Royal Navy; impersonating a clergy of the Church of England" also aren't entirely included.
There is "impersonating an officer of the SPANISH Navy" in one of the side-quests though.

As for the "chieftain" thing, we DO have a "god Jack" model that goes completely unused.
But we don't have a Pelegostos island. There's a location model in CoAS that I had thought of using for that though.
It is similar to the Puerto Rico shore + hanging bridge, but all in the same location model instead of in two.
I figured that might a pretty fun location to stage the chase during DMC.

Of course we have had plenty of thoughts on how to incorporate DMC>AWE and even have a "jungle church" location in the game in preparation.
But we never did get to it.

Well after some other work is done I would like to pick up work on the jack sparrow storyline if it's okay.
I guess I could persuade people to make some models for me. Which nerd wouldn't want to make angelica in potc :p.

Maybe we could make nassau a part of eleuthera just like its done with tortuga? Else it should be located between that and cuba and we could also do it like isla muerta is done. If we got a location file.
I believe nassau is mostly fort so we could just make it a fort for this quest.
We could also do some locations which aren't on the map by just teleporting there (for example jack is captured and transported there and finds his way back by getting on anther ship).

I think there are enough possebilities

You would be very welcome indeed to continue on it! I've always thought of doing it myself, but it never does happen.
Still, I've got some thoughts here and there that might be helpful.

The Isla de Muerta or teleportation methods are certainly very possible. :yes

Back