• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Missing night patrol guard in Port Royale

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
According to "PROGRAM\Characters\init\Redmond.c", there should be two patrolling guards in "Redmond_town_03" (the area near the church) at night. "Red_patrol_7" should be there all the time, "Red_patrol_8" should be there only at night. But "Red_patrol_8" never shows up.

This is because he's set to spawn at locator "goto/goto46", which doesn't exist. There are "goto45" and "goto47" but no "goto46", and as far as I can tell, there never has been - I used "TOOL" to check the locators for "Redmond_town_03" in my stock installation and it also has "goto45" and "goto47" but no "goto46".

Assuming we do in fact want "Red_patrol_8", and if nobody objects, I'll wander into that part of town at night with visible locators enabled and see if I can find somewhere suitable for him to spawn.

Good catch!

Definitely this should be fixed; either he should be placed in an existing locator or he should be removed altogether.

We had a similar issue in Charlestown and the consequence is that if you get in a town guard fight with reinforcements, you cannot leave until you kill ALL of them.
But if one of them is in the Centre of the Earth because of a missing locator, you cannot kill that one and therefore you get stuck. :shock

Put this in "PROGRAM\Characters\init". "Red_patrol_8" now spawns at "goto/goto44". If you enter Port Royale via the port gate and immediately turn right to head to the church area, rather than go down the road to the town hall, and if it's night time, you should meet him. I did. :doff

Attachments

• Redmond.c
    61.1 KB · Views: 121
Back