• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Missing saves in Menu

Fat Spider

Landlubber
Hi guys, I'm a long time fan of POTC and decided to reinstall it and play it over again (installed in program files), after doing that I looked online on the chance there were any updates, low and behold I found all the mods and thought Christmas had come early, I installed Lost Horizons latest build.

However after several problems with the game I found I was unable to load my saves, although the files were in the saves folder they were gone from the menu.

I reinstalled the game onto a separate hard drive, installed the mods and then dropped my saved game files into the relevant folder. I then started the game and my saved games were there in the menu, unfortunately as soon as I shut the game and restarted they had disappeared again, I've tried removing them and starting the game then dropping them back in again but they refuse to show up in the menu.

Now I'm reluctant to start the game again in case it throws another tantrum and refuses to display my saves, any help or suggestions would ge greatly appreciated.

When you start the game and try to load, click on "Profile" and see if there's something to load there. If you renamed the profile from the default "Player", you'll need to tell the game to load the profile before it can find any saved games.

When you installed the game in program files windows security most likely prevented all of the files from installing. When you reinstalled in the other hard drive all of the files were most likely installed this time. So you might have incompatible saves.
This is the bad news version.

When you start a game and see no saves look to the right hand side and look for profiles. Click on that and see if you can find your game that way.

Ninja'd!

If the install to "Program Files" was incomplete with some files not installed, would the game have even run?

Incompatible saved games will show up, they just won't load. The fact that they've disappeared entirely makes me think it's a matter of profiles. I've run into the same thing recently, having started "Tales of a Sea Hawk" again and having named the profile "Seahawk". When I start up the game I have to load profile "Seahawk" before I can get at my saved games because before that, the game is looking for the default profile "Player" and failing to find it.

Old savegames won't work with the new modpack, I'm afraid.
Actually, the installation process is supposed to remove them, so I'm surprised they're still there.

Thank you everyone for your help.

The games were safely tucked away in a different player profile. Obviously the glitch has been the program failing to display previously used profiles by default because I dropped them into the saves folder from a previous installation, however after a further save it now appears to be saving and displaying my profile correctly on start up.

Back