• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Missing text in shipyard interface

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Problem: when trying to buy a ship, some are faded out and can't be bought, and no reason is given:
shipyard_no_reason.jpg

Reason: that's a naval ship. Previously the interface would have said "Cannot Buy - Navy Ship", but that was changed to "Cannot Buy - Rank Too Low". Any interface text from the shipyard is sent to 'XI_ConvertString', which looks it up in "common.ini". And the phrase "Cannot Buy - Rank Too Low" was not added to that file.

Solution: it is now!

Result:
shipyard_rank_too_low.jpg

Attachments

• common.ini
    71.6 KB · Views: 187
Problem: when trying to buy a ship, some are faded out and can't be bought, and no reason is given:

Reason: that's a naval ship. Previously the interface would have said "Cannot Buy - Navy Ship", but that was changed to "Cannot Buy - Rank Too Low". Any interface text from the shipyard is sent to 'XI_ConvertString', which looks it up in "common.ini". And the phrase "Cannot Buy - Rank Too Low" was not added to that file.

Solution: it is now!
Good catch! I must have forgotten to update that. :facepalm

Please be sure to add that to your "archive of fixes"!
At the moment I myself am VERY unhanded, due to computer-reasons you are probably familiar with.

It's already in my off-line version of the archive. I'll need to re-upload it some time soon, as it also has the English galleon from AoP, plus a tweak to "War of the League of Augsburg" relations in Free Play. (Portugal was allied to England, due to a long-standing alliance which is still in effect to this day, but was not in the League and was not at war with France.)

Can you confirm this is added to the game?

Yes. In fact, you could easily have confirmed this yourself by checking for the phrase "Cannot Buy - Rank Too Low" in "common.ini". ;) It's in the version included with the 31st August installer.

Yes. In fact, you could easily have confirmed this yourself by checking for the phrase "Cannot Buy - Rank Too Low" in "common.ini". ;) It's in the version included with the 31st August installer.
I don't have my files here. I'm at work and had some spare time so just decided to check some of the bugs in the tracker to clean it up ;).

Back