• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

MK's latest GOF video adventure

The YouTube account login details are posted in a sticky on the POTC and COAS Modding forums; feel free to use that and sort things out.

Videos of yours for PotC now too? BRILLIANT! Thanks a lot! :woot

Two new vids for the weekend. These are part of the Dutch Governor's quest. This is on Corsair difficulty and my character is about level 40.

This is a REALLY fun quest for those who haven't tried it. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKL6Ede3A9o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2IqMaBlSjI

MK

I have a lot to catch up on! :facepalm

Glad your enjoying New Horizons too MK! :onya

Module #1 is Expansion & Conflict: Spanish Domination Challenged 1568-1640
Module #2 is Privateers & Profit: The Golden Age 1648-1725
Module #3 is Empires & Mercantilism: Buccaneer's Sunset 1750-1815

Changes: Ships germane to each era, flags, uniforms, alliances/enemies, colony nationality. I may attempt rewriting questlines with characters and situations germane to each timeframe.

The ship you asked about is the Postillion

I'm looking at mid July to release betas for all three modules. I said I wouldn't release until I got Pgargon's new model of Zeven Provincien, but he seems to have disappeared, so I will release without my very favorite ship in history. If we need help testing some things before we go final I will let you know.

MK

This is from my continuing work on the GOF Era's mod. It showcases some of the work I've been doing in importing the superior water and wave color and performance from New Horizons and AOP: CT. What do you think? MK

I'm actually going to use that one to introduce the game to other people on Pilgrim. I can't wait for Eras to be released.

OK so I am an addict. Even though I have all the free time you can imagine and freedom to go where I please, I still have to play this game in the wee hours of the morning and improve it where I can. I have posted a bunch of new videos to my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/modernknightone so check them out. I have been playing a bunch of quests lately which is unusual for me because I enjoy the freeplay so much. So here I am facing the Aztec god of Death.

And here is the battle to defend Marigot towards the end of the Dutch Governor's questline. Spaniards everywhere! Comin out of the woodwork!:

So here is my compilation test video for the Eras mod. Its to the Goonies music. Make sure to put it on 1080p and go to full screen to see the detail. I have the color of the ocean almost where I want it now. What do you think? MK

I didn't have time to watch the entire thing, but the water looks like it's just about the perfect color for that area. I think that Le Superbe would fit in to the later boundaries of that era with a simple retexture (I'd have to look for a specific painting that I had in mind) and some minor rigging changes. (possibly even just dropping in Bellona's mizzen) I have no idea how to retexture it properly, but I'll try to make the rigging changes this Sunday. If that works out, I'll do the opposite to Bellona so she'll fit the later period better.

OK so here's another GOF Eras teaser. Notice the ship in the harbor is the Light Galleon (GALEON_L) but reskinned with my new Roter Lowe texture.

The real feature here though is that I've replaced the old breastplate that all the Spaniard soldiers wore with eight new variants. Two of them are fancier like those of an officer or an experienced "Sargento" - one is engraved and the other is segmented. Also I really doubt all Spanish soldiers of this era had solid steel breastplates. I even found some old period woodcuts of conquistadors with scale armor. In this case, I gave them some brigandine style breastplates and one is a quilted small inner metal plated "Jacks" doublet. In addition I changed several of the morion helmets with shinier variants and engraved ones for the Sargentos.

Make certain you enlarge the screen and up the resolution so you can make out all the great details.
I am obviously fighting all these guys on the easiest (sailor) difficulty. LOL :duel:MK

There IS a LOT of detail in these. However I couldn't believe how easy this was to do. All of the new armor took like one evening to make. I am doing more new armor and uniforms for the other nations as well. Officer Puppy's muskateer will be imported into several of the other nations with different colored uniforms.

The Spaniards were not the only ones to use cabaset or morion helmets in the 17th century. On board soldiers were still commonly using this type of protection in all European navies until the first decades of the 18th century. The English were the first to shed the armor and concentrate more heavily on winning with fire and maneuver (gunnery) rather than boarding.

Their new strategy cost them badly during numerous major battles in the last decades of the 17th century however - when the wind was against them. However the strategy was sound in the long run and led the way eventually as it matured. MK

Back