• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

MK's latest GOF video adventure

watching this last video made me realise how much i hate instant boarding:mad:.. really wanted to watch those ship pound each other at close range

The skeletons have to stay. They're part of a couple quests. Also I could've changed them to pirate models like Jan Marten did in the German Edition, but does that make it less realistic when you spawn pirates from the magic glowing ball in the dungeons than skeletons?

I'll tell you what. I will put up a poll and ask if folks want them changed to pirates from skeletons. If a majority vote for pirates, I will change them. I simply name a group of pirate models the same as the skeletons and substitute them.

I always actually enjoyed killing the skeletons myself. You know that you don't have to go into the dungeons if you don't like them. :shrug

MK

i like killing skeletons me'self, but not when i 1st start out, cuz i get my a$$ kicked. PM me Mk when you get the new mods, done, cuz you're going to have to walk me thru it on how to add them, i have no idea how to do that @ all.

I like "killing" them from the very begining so as to raise my fencing skill. By the way, I would like them to be humans only if they where already inside the dungeons like in PotC.

its not that big of deal...the bunch of new (and historically dated) ships and items will make up for it :D

got a question, just did the dugeon fighting @ bermuda and got the Katana Sword (and 1 other) along with the 200 gold nuggets and diamonds, but my question is, what good are these other trinkets???
start 2013-03-25 08-55-10-75.jpgstart 2013-03-25 08-55-16-31.jpgstart 2013-03-25 08-55-21-61.jpgstart 2013-03-25 08-56-03-49.jpgstart 2013-03-25 08-56-06-72.jpgstart 2013-03-25 08-56-11-91.jpgstart 2013-03-25 08-56-15-03.jpgstart 2013-03-25 08-56-18-12.jpgstart 2013-03-25 08-56-20-77.jpgstart 2013-03-25 08-56-24-56.jpg

The skull is for a quest so hold onto it.

The Tanat is a heavy sword that is only rarely encountered. In your version of the game I think it may be the most powerful heavy sword. I think its an ugly bugger though.

The Cross and the Maleus Malificarum are items Officerpuppy added. They are quite rare as well but don't give you any abilities I don't think. He may have given the cross luck so hold onto it.

The other stuff you can sell because it can be found elsewhere. The repair ability of the one statue is gone in GOF so its not worth holding onto anymore I don't think.

The Rat God statue I think still does make the rats go away so they won't destroy your goods in the hold, so keep that one as well. That's a nice cache of stuff. Did you find all that as part of a treasure map chest or just happened onto it when you paid the shipwright his 20,000?

I love finding new stuff. That's one reason I love playing GOF Eras so much. Never boring!

MK

i was doing the Spanish quest, where you have to find the book in the bermuda dungeon, is how i came buy them cuz after i saved it later, and went to bed last night, i played a different character, went to the BSY (bermuda shipyard) paid the 20,000 went in didnt get a thing from the chests, even after i summoned up the skeletons, i didnt find the katana or the rest of what i found in the quest line.
:duel::treasure:

here is my First more than 30 sec. sea battle since upgrading fraps, i can now record everything. curious tho why it took over 700 minutes to upload to youtube from my computer
:shrug:bounce:dance

Cool vid Ben. You know there are other attacks and defenses available to you right? :shrug

You seem to like to duck backwards out of the way, but I find parries and evasions (shift + right mouse) way more effective and they take way less energy than ducking back or to the side.

Also left click attacks are faster than right click attacks, but right click attacks are more damaging wide gut slashes and thrusts if you step forward.

Also the central mouse wheel button (or another button you define in control options) is an overhead slash that is extremely damaging. It takes longer so only use it at the right times like right after your enemy has done it or has just fired a weapon. That single overhead slash can often kill an opponent in a single blow.

One other attack is the shift key + left mouse button which allows wide sweeping slashes on multiple opponents. This can keep your officers alive longer in tough situations and protect them from enemy attacks. After you have good fencing skills - that slash move can really be damaging to the enemy.

Another option on the sweeping slash attack is the half slash. You simply push the space bar after you've slashed in one direction instead of slashing both ways. If you do this in quick succession two or three times, it will throw your enemy back and give your own fighters more room.

With a lot of practice your fencing can really be fluid and you can use combinations to excellent effect. Just take a look at my videos to see what I mean.

I actually really enjoy this aspect of the game and find it FAR superior to POTC's fencing. In fact if POTC offered COAS fencing I would probably play POTC instead of COAS.

MK

I didn't know about the half slash. I tried it and it works great. Thanks!

I like the skeletons, but think demons would be sick. That wold be better when the monk guys ask you yo get rid of spirits - "pestilence." Can you get demon models?

Back