• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP MOD:Aop Pirates Desires

UPDATE 2.0: 7.3.2015
Changed ship statistics for all ships:

Cannon type
MaxCaliber
Cargo hold

Price
HP
SP

Encounter
war or merchant type
Nations

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Now all classes are separated from each other in stats above
like class 6 is weak against class 5 ships they can go against each other but
1 on 1 or more 6th class against 1 5th class to manage to win

same like this with rest classes

also war type ships are different from merchant type of ships

like war type have small cargo hold but more hp/sp while merchants have
large cargo holds and small or a bit smaller hp/sp then war type but with
much more less cannon power

In that case 1 without other cant go merchants will in this way be easy to
plunder if its in same class as ur ship thats why will war types make it harder
to plunder couse while ull fight them merchants will have change to escape

adjusted ships to nations as i seems it fitts

also there will be some ships example manowar and each will be different texture
style for each nation(took idea from potc build 14)

UPDATE 2.1: - 8.3.2015
Imported Edward Theach (Blackbeard) character from potc build 14
apointed Queen Annes Revenge ship to blackbeard what makes him an character
for expert player only
Made all portraits for blackbeard

UPDATE 2.21: - 9.3.2015
redesigned ship mini images for battleinterface ui
i manage to do image for each ship i have vanilla and imported ships so no more
having class 1 ship with portrait of tartane
90% of ships have their own portrait and rest 10% are using those 90%
example - tartane,war_tartane and fr_dilligente using same image becouse they
are 98% same model design so all 3 ships are applyed to 1 image

UPDATE 2.29: - 13.3.2015
Redesign complete battle interface UI
increased icon size from 48x48 up to 64x64 and made texture 128x128 instead
64x64
changed and adjusted font sizes so there is no more to big or to small text
completly new hd icons for worldmap,land command,sea command
completly new hd battle interface UI like indicators for hp,character indicators,
ship indicators,spyglass ui,compass,cannon indicators and much more

Sooo .....screenies?? :unsure

start 2015-03-13 23-26-37-57.jpg start 2015-03-13 23-26-48-37.jpg start 2015-03-13 23-26-55-92.jpg start 2015-03-13 23-27-10-68.jpg start 2015-03-13 23-27-20-60.jpg start 2015-03-13 23-27-50-02.jpg start 2015-03-13 23-27-54-75.jpg start 2015-03-13 23-27-58-28.jpg start 2015-03-13 23-28-01-35.jpg start 2015-03-13 23-28-20-04.jpg

Wow, very nice work redoing the interface mate! I really like those little icons, very nice indeed! That water looks very nice, especially the new foam! :onya

Active reflections in glass?? Seriously cool! :woot

maybe it looks a bit to new for that time but i thought 1 step ahead becouse this way ill have full mod with fully new textures without dirt or any that kind effect as backup while for active mod ill make that textures arent brand new its easyer to add effects on clean texture then remaking one becouse it cant be done to replace texture lets say wood floor and leave old dirt from old texture :D

for reflection lets say so its optical illusion which cant be noticed until you really look and thinking what it is xD

Last edited:
UPDATE 2.33: - 15.3.2015
New HD textures for mini ships on world map with detailed nation sails
Adjusted sea colors of world map
increased ship view range so now u can see ships far away they dont dissapear
anymore so now u sea much much more ships on world map which makes
it alot more active then before
New UI for world map,new design for time of a day(added calculated clock on radar)

Just from looking at the screenies it looks like this might have a sailing model similar to POTC. Do the ships move smoothly in the water or do they jerk around like in COAS?

sailing on eggs?Not in my mod i remade sea waves for each game hour so there is no more pudding shaped waves lol.waves are best to watch from lowest grade ship up to class 2 bigger ships i own in my mod waves arent that much for view becouse ships have very far cameras when u want see whole ship lets say like soleil royal but when you zoom in or are on deck then waves again have magic :D

Yes I noticed the changed shape of the waves so that they are similar to POTC waves. This was done in POTC to make the ships move up and down the waves smoothly. I tried to make COAS waves like POTC waves but failed due to lack od skills.

hardest part for me was to decide what kind and how to apply waves for smaller and huge ships if they are smaller they are best for small ships bit on huge ones its like flat sea with really small waves hehe so i tryed to modife them for medium ships so now they are good for small best for medium and also good for big ones anyway in storms waves are much more wider and raises more then normal waves so any ship can really have great sailing at storms also i made rain smaller bit brighter and changed areas for rain and rain drops so its much more intensive now without losing FPS maybe 1-5 FPS max also that depend how many ships is with you in there clouds are also better in storms now and you can see them becouse i decreased and modified fog to be able sea sky part in storms while sea,islands and ships while far are hiden in fog not like vanila that fog is all around and ships are completly grey and you can see them even in fog in my mod they are combined with world fog and well hidden untill they or player aproach each other.

ok now i need help for 1 thing which i wont tell but if he manage to help me he will be huge part of my mod :D
i need someone who was doing in caves or making them or remaking them who knows alot about caves in COAS

Back