• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

mod idea: random battle interruptions

your opinions?

• shoot me now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • help me become a mod

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

boocha

Landlubber
Storm Modder
----------------------lengthy thread again---------------------------

the idea is to (randomly) have ships enter a battle that you are currently involved in, like your attacking merchants and after you sink 1 or 2 and are heading for the last ship to plunder your crew tell you theres ships approaching from somewhere, so what do you do? - its kinda like when your on the big map view and you see two ships in battle and you decide to join, just like that but your the one already in a battle

so maybe the ships that join the battle are hostile and they turn the tide of the fight or vice versa and you end up winning when you were preparing to run and drop yer cargo or maybe they're neutral and just wanna clean up after the fight (or maybe its that damn commodore who's been hounding you all accross the archipelego this past `month-referring` to that other mod idea i read earlier<- very cool by the way)

it would be really cool, i think, if the ships that came would more likely, but not necessarily alwaze belong to the nations colony you were closer to, like your in a battle off the coast of oxbay, so if your battle is to be interrupted(whitch is already dependent on chance) there would also be a high chance those "interrupting" ships would be english -but i know thats a stretch, heck i would be impressed if this was even possible

i did post this on the old forum, but i just thought i'd give it a chance here

It would be amazing, but should be rare. After all, its a big ocean - er - imaginary channels between an imaginary archipelego in the west indies. Maybe it should be more common.

Back