• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

“Model could not be read” bug in “Tool”

Hmm... that suggests the model isn't corrupted at all. So why, I wonder, do some models open and some not, with newer .NET versions, even though they don't appear to be corrupted?
The TOOL confuses me to no end. o_O

I imagine that the "Tool" has become less and less functional with each new Net.Framework ugrade and security update. That is why models that it could open in the past can’t be opened today.

That's probably true. It might explain why it's so temperamental in general, too.

Now with Tool fixed so I can get back to skinning ...
What I really wanted the Ketch to look like:
c4lb.jpg

Last edited:
it probally had something to do with classes in .net which dont exist anymore or hard coded paths to classes which are changed.
Or it has something to do with optimalization in .net which makes TOOL behave a little bit different.
Good to hear it does work with the lower versions. Might try it out myself also soon :).

Nice subtle texture changes! The figurehead suits the hull much better, too. :keith

Back