• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Modeler and musician

rgarber

HoO Team Member
Music and SFX
Provisional
I would like to contribute, if possible, my modeling talents and music skills. I currently work as an independent developer for Railworks. My company name is All Aboard and my products are sold on Steam as well as through other venues including my own website, http://www.allaboardrails.com I use Sketchup for modeling. I've been doing this since 2001 and am known fairly well through the train sim community. As well I do my own brand of composing/arranging and rendering, using Samples, for my own virtual make-believe big band, Living Waters Jazz. You can hear my works at http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=5644

What motivates me to participate is the age of sail is one of my favorite hobbies. While being a pirate has no captivation for me, I use Age Of Pirates more as a merchant sailing game.

Rich Garber

:ahoy mate!

As a player you should have a good idea of where we want to do. I'm sure you will fit in nicely.

Welcome to the forum, mate! You will be most welcome here.

The game we're intending to make isn't solely a pirate game anyway. In fact, earning a living as a merchant should be very possible and much safer.
Hopefully we'll even be able to make it interesting to play the game like that. :woot

Indeed, welcome aboard mate! We will need a lot both models and music for many different time periods and locations, so your skills can definitely be put to good use. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we can get the Design Document ironed out and that should give us a bit more of a concrete guideline.

In the meantime, take a look around and familiarize yourself with the forums, and read up on just what we have in the works! As Pieter says above, our game will attempt to encompass as many aspects of making a living at sea as we can, and a big part of that includes the ability to build a merchant empire! There will probably be an opportunity for a bit of smuggling as well, but that may lead to some dealings with the brotherhood!

Thanks guys and I did take a good look at the page, should be great!

Rich

So do you focus more on organic or non-organic models? IE: do you focus on living/organic things (trees, people, animals) or man-made stuff (trains, buildings, etc)

Both are definitely needed but i'd like to get a better idea of what sort of work you do. Thank you very much for including a semi-portfolio link. I like your work, looks good!

Back