• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

modeling 3d in SketchUp

leandro195

Powder Monkey
hello, I have followed the game since I was in design but never had time to be able to help, I'm working with designer 2d photoshop corel draw, SketchUp also use google and would like to help in any way. Take a look at my deviant to catch conceptual art also did a wooden ship here at home, would also like to know if it's like 3d modeling in SketchUp?

in this tutorial http://jam3d.blogspot.com.br/2012/02/tutorial-cryengine-3-parte-01-navegacao.html shows how to load files SketchUp , we could get ships and constructions in 3d ready werehouse

Opa! Seja bem-vindo meu amigo!

A galera que coordena os novos membros vai responder para você daqui a pouco. Tem muita coisa para fazer por aqui e com certeza você vai achar algum projeto legal!

Best of lucks!

hello dario not could not help noticing that you are Argentine, on the game has someone putting other languages or just leave it in English?

Hey Leandro. Yes, I have both nationalities, Argentine and Brazilian.

As for languagues used here, we only use English in the forums or to communicate with one another.

As for the game, yes, we'd very much like to see it translated into different languages. I, myself, would be looking forward to help where I can when it comes to translating it into my native languages, Portuguese and Spanish. But there have actually been many other members who offered to help with translations as well, so I don't think that would be a problem. :)

Ahoy mate! Welcome to the forum. :woot

Some good images on your Deviantart channel. You seem to do pretty well on characters.
If you can figure out a realistic look for them with accurate historical clothes, then concept art on male and female characters would be very useful!

As far as I remember, SketchUp is very easy to use, but does not work very well if you want to make any high-detail models.

dario temos de fazer uma chamada de brasileiros e espanhois pra lançar em ambas a linguas o game.

Thank Boelen by looking at my deviant art, love much sec xvii I would appreciate type a subject for the art I draw, I'm not very good with photoshop, but I can help get a portion of experience

Hi Leandro,

Don't worry, when the time comes, we will be ready to translate the game. I am sure.

Before we can translate anything, though, there is much work we need to do!

my new art modified a drawing left the rustic

Attachments

• make redfield, pirate.jpg
    make redfield, pirate.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 240
  • pirate-clipart-1.jpg
    pirate-clipart-1.jpg
    649.7 KB · Views: 201
  • jung-hun-ju-ilustracao16.jpg
    jung-hun-ju-ilustracao16.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 218
my new art modified a drawing left the rustic
If those pictures are just a Photoshop effect on someone's else work, we can not use it or similar, for our concept art. We require all work to be original.
I am more interested in your Sketchup skills than drawing, can you show any of your sketchup models?

this is my projects

Attachments

• palco.rar
    85.3 KB · Views: 193
  • piscina.rar
    419.4 KB · Views: 186
  • pref.rar
    324.4 KB · Views: 208
like you said about many arts photoshop myself do, as you can see in my deviant art, already on skecht up I wonder if use 3d Wherehouse for inclkuir models in the game and be faster the construction of the game

@leandro195
NO, just NO! You can NOT use any 3d warehouse model.
All objects/modells/drawings have to be done by yourself!
We DO NOT allow any ripped asset, all work has to be original!

I'm sorry if it sounded rude to you... It wasn't meant that way, I just wanted to say it as clear as possible ;)

I understand know how complicated dealing with copyright not want to take scolding another person in an art of it, tbm'm having trouble communicating because I use google translator and sometimes it does not help much !!

never quite understand these publishers game, but downloaded the unity and the cry engine training me to go with them and I am self-taught learning hehe

Leandro, looking at your drawings at Devianart, I have to say, that regretably your skill is not up to par with our other resident artists'. I can see you are learning anatomy and I'm sure you will be improving quickly, so we could talk about 2D artist position at the later date.

However, we can find you simple 3D work, you could do using mostly Sketchup. But in any case, you'll be required to learn some basics of modeling and texturing in couple of other applications, and improve your Sketchup skills. We can help you with pointers and correct workflows for 3D modeling, but you'd have to be willing to learn yourself, as every team member here. Game design always require self-improvement and patience, and I hope you could find time for it.

Back