• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Models from the old movies

How historically accurate are those models, I wonder? Most people here seem to want real ships more than anything else.

They are much more correct, than many Models from modern Movies especially in our timeframe, I assure you! Spent a lot of time researching ever since I started with AoP

Those models look fantastic! It just goes to show how much the film-makers actually cared about the ships in these older films.
They certainly look accurate and carefully made. I can't say whether they're period correct for their respective films, but they're probably better suited than the PotC ships. :wp

@Takeda-One, nice find mate! I would almost be willing to pay someone to build a model of the Black Swan for Hearts of Oak!

@Armada, I couldn't agree more mate! It is amazing the amount of detail they used to put in to those models, that is one of the things I love most about watching old movies. Those model builders had the same attention for details on all the models they created, planes, trains, buildings. Of course those models took some time to build, but that time was well spent and was well worth the cost, as it adds a much greater sense of realism. Nowadays almost everything is computer generated, and it looks like it! There are a few companies like Weta Workshop that still build some handcrafted models, but they are getting tougher to find.

I hope someone may find some inspiration, who is able of 3D modelling. For the COAS Core-Period 1665 - 1690, they would fit like nothing else...

Back