• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Modified Santiago sidequest in Jack Sparrow storyline

If you just need 1 person try to do it trough a personal message. Else please give more info so others can help also.

As far as I can see, it does match up. You DO have a level of greater than 14, right?

Perhaps you should replace this:
Code:
if (makeint(pchar.rank) >= 14 && FindFellowTravellers(PChar, CharacterFromId("Thomas Keegan")) == FELLOWTRAVEL_OFFICER && PChar.Quest.Keegan == "1")
With this:
Code:
if (makeint(pchar.rank) >= 14 && FindFellowTravellers(PChar, CharacterFromId("Thomas Keegan")) == FELLOWTRAVEL_OFFICER)

Last edited:
I'm afraid that only make it worse, I'll get this and the line is the line you send above:

Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: storyline\JackSparrow\quests\both_reaction.c; line: 6563
missed ')'

Of course I'm level 14, was 22 when try it ;)

Maybe something is wrong with the dialog for the quest?

Oops; typo in my previous post. I just corrected it: Please try again.

Nothing happens. Keegan should run to there store when I reach Guadeloupe but he doesn't and I'll don't get a check or something for the quest. I don't get it anymore.

EDIT: Maybe it has something to do with the two dialogs assigned for Thomas Keegan or do you think something else is going on?

Last edited:
Do you have a savegame just prior to making port with him? I'll have to try myself.

Do you want a save before hiring Thomas Keegan or just before moring on Guadeloupe port? I'm playing right now so I can create everything you want hehehe ;)

Just before mooring so I can just test the beginning of that quest.

Uuuuhh don't think it is necessary anymore. I moored there myself and this time it works, looks likes some new game was required also after changing that line this midday :modding

But it isn't whole working. I've playing the quest without problems until the part I must talk to Lisa Cucuy (Txixi Puijan) there is a error in Lisa Cucuy dialog.c and its about this rule

Code:
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT [0];

What does this mean and how can it be fixed?

Some error about the H file too line 1
Invalid array 'DLG_TEXT' initialization parameters list it said in error log

Code:
string DLG_TEXT[44] = {

Any idea what the problem is here and how to fix it?

Last edited:
The line means "display text from the .h file, line #2". You always have to add 2, so 0 = line 2.
You do have a Lisa Cucuy dialog.h file as well, right? If not, that would mess it up.

Of course I do, the are more 0's in the first part, look below, is it fixed if I change all thosein 2's?There are a few below so tell me what to do to fix it exactly ;)

Wonder why those 0's are there, never changed that

Code:
//#include "DIALOGS\Lisa Cucuy_dialog.h"

void ProcessDialogEvent()
{
    ref NPChar;
    aref Link, NextDiag;

DeleteAttribute(&Dialog,"Links");

makeref(NPChar,CharacterRef);
    makearef(Link, Dialog.Links);
    makearef(NextDiag, NPChar.Dialog);

string iDay, iMonth;
    iDay = environment.date.day;
    iMonth = environment.date.month;
    string current_date = iday + " " + iMonth;
    if(!CheckAttribute(npchar,"speak_date")) npchar.speak_date = current_date;

ref PChar = GetMainCharacter();

switch(Dialog.CurrentNode)
    {
        // -----------------------------------Äèàëîã ïåðâûé - ïåðâàÿ âñòðå÷à
        case "First time":

Dialog.defAni = "dialog_stay1";
            Dialog.defCam = "1";
            Dialog.defSnd = "dialogs\0\017";
            Dialog.defLinkAni = "dialog_1";
            Dialog.defLinkCam = "1";
            Dialog.defLinkSnd = "dialogs\woman\024";
            Dialog.ani = "dialog_stay2";
            Dialog.cam = "1";

dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[0];
            link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[1];
            link.l1.go = "exit";

if(npchar.speak_date == current_date)
            {
                dialog.snd = "Voice\CLLA\CLLA001";
                dialog.text = LinkRandPhrase(DLG_TEXT[40], DLG_TEXT[41], DLG_TEXT[42]);
                link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[43];
                link.l1.go = "exit";
            }
            else
            {
                if (PChar.quest.santiago == "payer")
                {
                    dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[2];
                    link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[3];
                    link.l1.go = "begin_2";
                }
                else
                {
                    dialog.snd = "Voice\CLLA\CLLA002";
                    link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[1];
                    link.l1.go = "exit";
                }
                if (CheckQuestAttribute("Santiago", "pipo"))
                {
                    link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[1];
                    link.l1.go = "exit";          
                }
            }
            NextDiag.TempNode = "first time";

Try taking the original versions of those files, rename them, but make no adjustments. See if that does work.
Then if you confirmed it does, start changing the contents to your liking.

It looks like something is wrong in the H file I've changed, do you see anything that's not right here in the changed file, I don't see anything

Code:
string DLG_TEXT[44] = {
"...",
"...",
"What a bastard!",
"Still angry Miss?",
"Yes of course I am. But what business is that of yours? And who are you?",
"I am the one who might be able to get you out of this jail. IF you are willing to cooperate.",
"Cooperate? How do you mean cooperate? We don't know each other do we?",
"No you are right. We indeed don't know each other but I need your help with something and you are the only one who can help me with his.",
"Ah this sounds really important tough if you offer to get me out of here. What do you want mister?",
"I would like to know what happend on Carlos Cucuy's ship the 'Santiago'. Your mother tells me what happens in the Brothel yesterday and I only want to help you and my officer Thomas Keegan.",
"Thomas Keegan is your officer? Thank goodness! My father wants to kill him since he has stole the 'Santiago' from him",
"Why does he want Thomas dead and what has happend to your on that ship and why did you draw your sword in the Brothel? You've almost hit your own your mother with it?",
"Yes yes I know, but I never wanted to do that. I was just too angry and I couldn't take her stupid twaddle anymore after what happend on Carlos ship.",
"Tell me what happend, maybe I can help you.",
"Well before my father had meeted Thomas Keegan there was nothing going on and Carlos whas a good man but after the meeting with Thomas Keegan he get mad or something. He'd always talked about him and says he wants to pay revenge. One day my father returned home late and he said he has stole Thomas ship and he wanted to sail with it because it was a really fine ship and I must come with him but it was a hell on the ship!",
"Oh yes Thomas indeed told me about that Carlos steal his ship but why was it a hell on his ship Lisa?",
"I'll tell you. Since Carlos captain the ship he has become a really bad and dangerous men. He'd attack every ship he'd encounted and the survived enemy crewmember where slaughtert by Carlos himself. He'd kill everyone and it was terrible to see what he did. He is even trying to kill the famous Vanessa Hudgens but so far she's to smart for him and I'm glad we'd finally anchored at Guadeloupe again. I'm really really mad about my father and I never want to return to his ship and see him again!",
"That's indeed a really sad story and I'll understand everything now. Tell me, where is the 'Santiago now?",
"The 'Santiago' is now anchored at Anse Casse-Bois. She can carry a maximum of 180 crewmembers, but 40 crewmembers left the ship just before me when Carlos give them the task to resupply the ship. He don't have any plan to moor again before he killed Vanessa Hudgens. Everytime she is a step before him and Carlos can't succeed in killing her and become madder and madder.",
"Interesting. Vanessa looks like a really smart fellow. But let's get back to the topic at hand. This still leaves 140 crewmembers aboard the 'Santiago'. It won't be an easy task to take her. And I don't want to lose too many of my own crewmembers either.",",
"Take her? Do you want to take the ship from my father?",
"Yes Thomas had some unfinished business with him and I like to help my officers with it and Carlos really sounds like a man you don't want to keep alive do you?
"No he's better dead then alive even if he was my father but beware captain, Carlos Cucuy is a dangerous man and not to be meddled with. He alone is worth 5 crewmembers and he will kill anyone without hesitation. If he knows we are talking about this were both dead in seconds!",
"Don't worry Lisa. I know what I'm doing. I have a plan and you can stay out of the dangerous parts if you feel so obliged. I'll talk to the prison guard right now to arrange your release",
"Wait! I want something to ask you before you leave! You know my situation now and after Carlos is dead I still can't return to my mother after what I did. I really need a new start so would you please allow me to be your officer after you captured the 'Santiago'and killed Carlos Cucuy? I really loved the ship itself and the seas, even though I hate her current captain. I don't want to part with her.",
"Very well, I understand your situation and I will be glad to help you and allow you to be my officer. If you want to excuse me now, I have to release someone.",
"I'M FREE! Thank you, captain.",
"Yes you are free but your release cost me a lot of money. Now it's time for you to deliver on your part of the plan, so listen attentively. You will go back to the 'Santiago' and inform the crew that the innkeeper is giving out free rum tonight to celebrate his daughter's marriage.",
"Free rum! I like this idea! I'll be looking forward to tonight then!",
"You are better not coming with us near the tavern. If anyone sees you there Cucuy maybe suspect something. Instead of coming with us you will confirm that most of the crew leaves the ship. We will meet at the fort tonight. Now go and don't let Cucuy see you.",
"Finally! There you are!",
"What do you mean? I'm not late or anything. Anyway: I've seen some crewmembers running into the tavern, so it seems you have succeeded. How many crew do you estimate are left on the ship?",
"Now your plan worked even better than I expected. I dare say there are only about 10 hands left. Along with captain Carlos, who, of course, counts for five.",
"Excellent! This should be a piece of biscuit. Follow me, we are going to take the ship!",
"Wait, captain. You promised I would be allowed to stay out of this. Do you remember? I don't have to see Carlos face anymore you know.",
"Yes I know and you can stay ashore during the boarding. After all, I promise you that. We will succeed and take care of Mr Carlos Cucuy so he can't bother you anymore!",
"That was amazing, captain. I saw you from this shore and you did a masterly boarding! I assume that Carlos is dead now?",
"It's a shame you didn't share this enthusiasm before the boarding. From now on, you will participate in all boardings. If not, I'll fire you.",
"Yes Thomas killed him and gives his body to the fishes and he'll never messed your life anymore.",
"Thank you captain, I'll never forget this and I'm glad to be under your flag from now.",
"Get lost sucker! I can't talk! To angry!",
"Leave me alone!",
"Don't you see really? I'm really really angry and I don't want to talk with anyone!",
"You really seem to be too angry to talk right now. I'll come back tomorrow.",

};

Back