• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Modifiying LE.Superbe once more

DF5

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
I am a fanatical fans with 74 guns in late 18'th century, so I modified the Le.Superbe once more for several days. Rebuilded the headrails on the bow, reduced the size of the figurehead, replaced the plate to guardrail, which is in front of poop deck, fix some broken faces in the stern castle.

Attachments

• _H3S@5HZJ2WEOZ78}T3HKV8.jpg
    _H3S@5HZJ2WEOZ78}T3HKV8.jpg
    890.3 KB · Views: 445
  • seadogs2_0004.jpg
    seadogs2_0004.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 431
  • seadogs2_0006.jpg
    seadogs2_0006.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 418
  • seadogs2_0008.jpg
    seadogs2_0008.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 380
  • seadogs2_0011.jpg
    seadogs2_0011.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
Oh wow, that's a great surprise! And it isn't even HMS Surprise! :woot

Wow, looking really good there mate! :onya

Nice! One request. Could the mast stumps be separated from the hull so there is no high camera bug?
the mast stumps of all the ships in this game are in the hull models, I haven't found this bug. I think, if they was separated from the hull, the mast models would be modified also, and could't be saw the effect of broken masts.:eek:

Last edited:
Now is updated to v1.02, please redownload it. Because one rope was conflict with the figurehead, I've changed to another position now.

Attachments

• seadogs2_0012.jpg
    seadogs2_0012.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 357
the mast stumps of all the ships in this game are in the hull models, I haven't found this bug. I think, if they was separated from the hull, the mast models would be modified also, and could't be saw the effect of broken masts.:eek:
The mast stumps can be exported in a separate GM file and attached to the hull with a geometry locator. This works the same way as the "_part1" component which contains the guns.

I don't mean to criticise your work, which is pretty good, but I ought to point out that the shape of the headrails was more correct on the original model. :wp
Your new headrails are the right colour and definitely better made, but shaped more like those on a frigate.

Take a look at this model of a similar French ship of the line from 1752. Although not identical to the Téméraire class, the headrails are approximately the same shape that the Superbe should have.
duc-de-bourgogne-full-hu-webduc-de-bourgone0007.jpg
Nevertheless, it's great to see more people making improvements to these ships. :onya

Although this picture which you shown me is 80 guns, I still thanks for your suggestion, and will notice it next time.

So... how do we get this new and improved version of the ship? The previous link doesn't seem to work for me.
Or are you still working on her?

So... how do we get this new and improved version of the ship? The previous link doesn't seem to work for me.
Or are you still working on her?
I updated the link in the 2nd floor on Dec 24th, Could't you visite the Baidu which is a Chinese website?

Back