• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Modify Ships?

Cursed Rascal

Landlubber
Is it possible to modify ships? For example, If I wanted to give the Cursed Dutchman 30 cannons on each side instead of 26, how could I do this?

I've tried editing it in PROGRAM/Ships/Ships_init.c and reloading the game, but that does nothing.

You can't modify the cannons. I asked that question some time ago and the answer was too complex.

The way to give a ship more cannons is to build a new ship. Building a new ship takes 9-18 months for someone who knows what he is doing.

Technically, adding more cannons does sort-of work, but only sort-of.

Anyway, any changes require an F11 Reinitialize on a savegame, then remove the // in front of this line in console.c to re-give your modified ship to yourself:
Code:
GiveShip2Character(pchar,pchar.ship.type,pchar.ship.name,-1,PIRATE,true,true);
Then use F12 to make it happen.

The way to give a ship more cannons is to build a new ship. Building a new ship takes 9-18 months for someone who knows what he is doing.
Technically you'd only need to add more guns and gunports to an existing ship. Would still be a lot of effort, indeed. :wp

Technically you'd only need to add more guns and gunports to an existing ship. Would still be a lot of effort, indeed. :wp

That is kinda what I was meaning. It would be a lot easier to just get a bigger ship. The Dutchman is pretty impregnable as is methinks.

If I recall, there actually IS code in place to make the last cannons on the ship fire several times if a ship is coded to have more cannons than the model has.
Not entirely sure how well that works though.

Back