• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed monthly payments sometimes not showing up

kaizerkat

Freebooter
I have noticed that i have not been required to pay my officers and crew. I get no pop up stating "the crew demands paymet, yes or no". The thing is, i have all this money and all my ships are upgraded and i stopped selling stuff, (i wish i could say that in real life), anyway, any thoughts?

I've heard rumours before that the monthly payment no longer happens, but nobody has been able to confirm it for me.
A few months ago I rewrote the code responsible for making that pop-up show up.
There was a problem with that code, mainly that you had to pay salary basically before the game had even started.
So I rewrote it so that you only have to pay AFTER the first month. But I never did get round to testing if it works now or not.

Sire, can we make adjust the salary values and make the crew and officers' payment system every 15 days? or there's a payment system option, whether you want to pay them every month or every 15 days and of course, the every-15-days system should increase morale slightly than the monthly-payment-method one. :)
If its not that troublesome to add it of course.
The thing is, i have all this money and all my ships are upgraded and i stopped selling stuff, (i wish i could say that in real life), anyway, any thoughts?
Nice one! :onya xD I wish I could say that in another way in real life too! Haha :p

EDIT:
Okay so I tested this one and everything seems to be working perfect! :yes
I started a new game. (Jack Aubrey/Master & Commander)
And here is the first payment of the month: seadogs2_0000.jpg (Hmmnn..I thought the first payment was disabled:wp:p)
And there's even mutiny 'cause I forgot to buy supplies. Hehehe:seadogs2_0001.jpg seadogs2_0002.jpg
Then, here's the next monthly payment: seadogs2_0003.jpg (I already hired more crew so its better not to hire a lot of crew at the beginning of the game)

*The only problem I experienced is when I used the moor icon, I got stuck. But it only happened once. It didn't happen the second time around but that's really annoying 'cause the game disabled the keyboard. (.log files attached)

*And I have a saved game just before the second payment. Just go worldmap and wait a little. (save attached)
*Pirates Ahoy! FOR LIFE! :dance seadogs2_0004.jpg:pflag

Attachments

• .log files.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 137
  • -=PiratesAhoy!=- Jamaica.zip
    594.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
So the monthly payments DO work. But sometimes not? UGH! :modding

Anyway, I won't be adding any new features any time soon. Especially in this case, making it anything else than monthly wouldn't exactly simplify things.

The payments system works but it not always consistent. Sometimes I have gone quite some time without paying the crew and then get 2 or 3 payments close together.

As long as the crew is happy I am happy.

Cheers,

usually, I can't tell much about this since I very frequently use the sign articles option, which works fine.

However, since my latest character is a very lawful spaniard, I tested the salary method. For me it works fine so far, my crew asks for payment any month. Now that I'm becoming rich, they want to sign articles.

That sounds exactly like what is SUPPOSED to be happening.

Aye ... thought so. Even morale started to slowly drop until I complied with their demand.

Moved this to the bug tracker. Seems it goes well most of the times but sometimes it doesn't.
Just put it here so I can look at it when I have time.

I do know I slightly rewrote the code related to the monthly payments. No clue why it should work most of the time, but sometimes not though.
Can't remember now which file it was, but WinMerge between Beta 3 and Beta 3.1 should show it, if I recall correctly.

Okay,

from what I can see the code checks if the current month is the same as the month you last paid. When this isn't the case it checks if you are in the first 7 days of the month and if so it triggers the payment screen.
So it could be this function isn't called for within these 7 days or something else is going on. I will look further into it.

It also seems to only do this check when you are at sea. If you are on land nothing happens.

Thats true. so if you pass the days on land where the salary screen could pop up you wont pay either.
I could just remove those checks and see what happens or I could try to get it really right, altough maybe just removing those checks is the right way.... I mean why shouldn't the salary screen not pop up on land?

How old is this bug anyway? I know I rewrote a little of that code, but never changed whether it would show up on land or not.

I can imagine the reason it would show up on land is because any time the date changes is probably going to be on a location reload.
Perhaps interface screens don't load properly on reloads? In which case, it was probably originally meant to show up the next time you are at sea.

In COAS it shows up on land. It is easy to spend a week or a month in a shipyard, swordsmith shop, or gunsmith shop too, but when you get out the date does change.

Could someone try this?
The dialog should now also trigger on land and should trigger at any time of the month.
Please let me know if it causes errors. I dont have time to test it now.
Place it in te PROGRAM folder.

Attachments

• calendar.c
    13 KB · Views: 135
It seems this fixes it ... let me know if it doesn't for now I'd say its fixed

Back