• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Morgan Questline Help....

FLaviator

Landlubber
I'm on the second quest in the Morgan line, having to find Edward law (I think), on the island somewhere, well, I just plain don't know where to look, i've been searching in game for hours, and trying to find the answer here for almost as long, can anyone help me?

I'm on the second quest in the Morgan line, having to find Edward law (I think), on the island somewhere, well, I just plain don't know where to look, i've been searching in game for hours, and trying to find the answer here for almost as long
Go in Martinica / Le François; talk to the bartender that shows you the house of Law

I'm on the second quest in the Morgan line, having to find Edward law (I think), on the island somewhere, well, I just plain don't know where to look, i've been searching in game for hours, and trying to find the answer here for almost as long
Go in Martinica / Le François; talk to the bartender that shows you the house of Law

Thanks! I always miss small details, like the dialogue option with a bartender, I appreciate the help, lol.

I'm stuck on this quest as well, I just got done talking to the money lender in Fort-de-France and am not sure what to do next, I've searched all around the town and can't find any ferther trace of Low. What do I have to do next?

Never mind, I have no idea why, but I never check port control. :facepalm

Well, It is rather embarrassing, I'm stuck very early in Morgan Questline, after he busted me out of prison, what do I do? I suppose I have to find him again, but where is he?????

Well, It is rather embarrassing, I'm stuck very early in Morgan Questline, after he busted me out of prison, what do I do? I suppose I have to find him again, but where is he?????
He's in that house with columns. (no, not brothel)
Easiest to locate it is to go to the store. Then go out of the store and go left and at the last house in that row turn left again. There is a narrow passage between the house and a fence. And right there on your left is a house with columns. However, watch out for that Oliver Trust guy. He's the quest for Kill the beggars starter and if you start it, Morgan's door will be locked until you finish that beggars quest.

He's in that house with columns. (no, not brothel)
Easiest to locate it is to go to the store. Then go out of the store and go left and at the last house in that row turn left again. There is a narrow passage between the house and a fence. And right there on your left is a house with columns. However, watch out for that Oliver Trust guy. He's the quest for Kill the beggars starter and if you start it, Morgan's door will be locked until you finish that beggars quest.

It's not embarrassing I think, this game seems notoriously difficult to just sort out little details like "where am I supposed to go", and things of this nature, but at the same time, I love the depth :cheeky

Thank you all for your prompt answers! Ok, wtf, so now I have to finish the the kill the beggars guest first? Does this mean I have to go to coas too??? BTW I finally got a paper to work for the French and now they say I'm a bloody pirate!!! Is it really a point in Morgan's guest where I can work for the governors? ??

Man, I'm running around with uss Constitution pwning ships in my path and the quests are pwning me in return!!! ;__;

Thank you all for your prompt answers! Ok, wtf, so now I have to finish the the kill the beggars guest first? Does this mean I have to go to coas too??? BTW I finally got a paper to work for the French and now they say I'm a bloody pirate!!! Is it really a point in Morgan's guest where I can work for the governors? ??

Man, I'm running around with uss Constitution pwning ships in my path and the quests are pwning me in return!!! ;__;

I don't know if ther is no other way, but yes, I went to COAS first and then the Morgan questline was available. Now I'm stuck at finding Sharpe. :D
Don't know about nation questline, though. Could it be that your reputation is too "evil"?

Ok I can continue the Morgan quest-line, now I'm hunting the guy on the stolen brig, while the kill the beggars guest is at the point when I have to visit Curacao for the first time. Strange.... Also they say I can do the governor quest lines after the pirate quest Linney. Is this true?

Ok I can continue the Morgan quest-line, now I'm hunting the guy on the stolen brig, while the kill the beggars guest is at the point when I have to visit Curacao for the first time. Strange.... Also they say I can do the governor quest lines after the pirate quest Linney. Is this true?
Yes. But after you complete it before making the 8th Pirate Quest (attack on Panama)

Ok, one more: After plundering the tartanes and finishing the pearl guest, a guy talks to me outside Morgan's house to find a kill a guy. I search him from one island to another following the logbook, but after reaching Port Au Prince, nobody has anything to tell me. I'm stuck ;__; Is this in Morgan's questline?

...a guy talks to me .. to find a kill a guy...
... a guy...: is Goodley?
& 2ths guy is John Avery?
this is in Morgan's questline.... :yes
After Willemstadt, the sequence of city is random; the penultimate is Marigot (fixed), and the last is Bermuda (id.).
Before Marigot (Port au Prince, for you?) must speak with the drunken in tavern, and after with the usurer.

Again, one more.... I'm in the finding Linney quest. I go to Puerto Principe talk to the tavern, then go to the chief, talk to him then half a dozen henchmen with pistols appear around me in this tiny room and gangr@pe me. It is not survivable regardless of what I do. Is this some kind of bug, have I done sth wrong?

Not a bug.
2 solutions:
1. (simple): comes very quickly, get the book-and-run without fighting.
2. talk to the maid of the inn, looking for a scale in the house opposite, and enters from Sawkins in the night (the rear window)

I'm stuck on the Linney quest myself. The bartender in La Vega told me to catch the sloop that Linney's friend left on, but when I approached the sloop, it engaged me in battle, so I boarded it, but when I killed the men on the top deck, the captain surrendered, and I let him go, but nothing happens after that, I even sent a boat to the ship and the captain won't talk to me. It should also be noted that I'm not 100% sure I have the right ship, and I am in the Corvette Dog of War (The reward from coas, which I renamed Hellfire because I though it's original name was kind of silly) and I have a partner with a Man O' War, if that makes any difference.

I'm stuck on the Linney quest myself. The bartender in La Vega told me to catch the sloop that Linney's friend left on, but when I approached the sloop, it engaged me in battle, so I boarded it, but when I killed the men on the top deck, the captain surrendered, and I let him go, but nothing happens after that, I even sent a boat to the ship and the captain won't talk to me. It should also be noted that I'm not 100% sure I have the right ship, and I am in the Corvette Dog of War (The reward from coas, which I renamed Hellfire because I though it's original name was kind of silly) and I have a partner with a Man O' War, if that makes any difference.
Maybe you were wrong ship.
In the port of La Vega look for a lugger, not a sloop; the lugger was a friend, not hostile.
You must climb with the boat, not attack.

Maybe you were wrong ship.
In the port of La Vega look for a lugger, not a sloop; the lugger was a friend, not hostile.
You must climb with the boat, not attack.

Did I say sloop?, My bad, I apologize, I meant Lugger. Anyways, I found an alternate solution, apparently if you fail to catch the ship, then return to Morgan and he'll point you in the right direction. Now I need to figure out how to get the book from the guy at Puerto Principe, but when I enter his residence his guards swarm me and kill me, or I kill the guards but he is undefeatable.

Well, I eventually ran in and grabbed the book, but now I have to find the Spanish battle ship, but have no idea where to look. I've sailed the path between San Martin and Trinidad several times now and have not found it, what am I doing wrong?

Well, I eventually ran in and grabbed the book, but now I have to find the Spanish battle ship, but have no idea where to look. I've sailed the path between San Martin and Trinidad several times now and have not found it, what am I doing wrong?
Is entirely accurate. You get fast into the sea south of St. Martin.
Go down to Antigua, staying on the right, and look the sea. Spanish Battleship ("Elusive") is red.
Near S. Martin saves, and repeat several times research.

Back