• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Mouse issue on laptop

ferconex

Landlubber
Hey all ya pirates, sorry for intruding!

I have an issue with installing my old version of PTOC on my laptop. When I do, even before installing Build 14, the mouse, in the main menu, starts to move eratically. That is: when I move it sideways, the cursor starts moving up and down by itself. It is consistent, that is moving the mouse left will make the cursor move upwards, and moving it right > downwards.
This is a problem only on my laptop. On PC all is ok.

PC is Win10, GeForce Nvidia
Laptop is Win10, ATI Radeon dedicated, Intel onboard (I also intalled the Intelfix)

I also tried disabling the touchpad, to no avail.
Thanks for any and all help!

If you connect the same mouse to the PC and it behaves properly then the mouse itself is probably alright. (Though a dodgy wire which is making a proper contact when plugged into the PC but breaking contact when the cable is at a different angle and plugged into the laptop could still cause trouble. Of course, if it's a wireless mouse then that's obviously not the issue!)

Perhaps see if you can get a different driver for the mouse on the laptop?

If you connect the same mouse to the PC and it behaves properly then the mouse itself is probably alright. (Though a dodgy wire which is making a proper contact when plugged into the PC but breaking contact when the cable is at a different angle and plugged into the laptop could still cause trouble. Of course, if it's a wireless mouse then that's obviously not the issue!)

Perhaps see if you can get a different driver for the mouse on the laptop?
The mouse on the laptop works fine outside the application. It is laser, wired. If I remove it and use the touchpad the same thing happens.

I will look on the topic, my framerate is however ok on both machines.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer!

Back