• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Abandoned Multiplayer mod?

Would you like multiplayer in the current POTC

• Yeah - no biggie but ill play it when im not playinig bf pirates

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Yes - Ill play it all the time

Votes: 33 68.8%
  • Nah - ill dl it play it to have a look but not much else

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • No - community to small wouldnt get a game

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters

Arch

Landlubber
Erm, not sure if it can be done, but i seen a group of modders do it to a game called GTA3: Vice city, so i figured it might be possible with Potc to and open up a new dimension of gameplay, player vs player fencing, player governors, hell maybe only deathmatch at a single sea map at start, it'd still be cool and keep the game alive. Players can host the rooms to.. well, give it some thought before saying it is impossible (Thats what they said about the GTA 3 mod to when they were trying to pierce trough the hardcode)...

Just a idea :b:

Nope multiplayer is impossible.... been answered before. It would require the source code for Potc.

Or -

Second: If you could make you own games it would maybe possible to make a "copy" of potc which looks and feels like it.... only problem there is you are not allowed to do so has it's copyrighted i believe.

Damnit, well, maybe if Nathan as a respected modder 8) would ask akella for some source code info.. :b: :D , no harm in trying, besides, they might even agree considering they improved the engine already and won't care as much for the old one i think.

noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! that would have been classe. are u certain its impossible........are u certain :b:

blimey said:
noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! that would have been classe. are u certain its impossible........are u certain :b:

Yep, it is definately impossible. The reason it was possible for GTA3 (and therefore Vice City) was that, at one point in its development, Rockstar were thinking about adding a multiplayer mode, then decided against it, so the bare bones of a multiplayer mode was in the coding. This is not true of PoTC. However, if you look at Pirates of the Burning Sea (see news item on main Pirates Ahoy page for a link) it looks rather funky, is a MMORPG, and does not seem too dissimilar to PoTC. The only downside is it's not out until Q4.

and then they will be cometingwith P!2, talk about bad timing :b:

Hey guys i just had an email from a guy who made the multiplayer mod for GTA ( i think its the same guy ) anyways he was asking me if i thought a multiplayer mods would be used in POTC.

Ive already answered him but ill put it to a poll anyways and get everyone else opinion on this. Considering the russian mod is supposed to come out soonish i think the community will swell again

In his email he said from looking at the memory usage and other files it could, as its his first email i dunno if he is serious or not thats why i replied to him instead of waiting for a poll result, have to see what he comes back with. With any luck though it will be positive :cheers

That would be really kool if he can do it,a whole new perspective to the game play
with the upcoming mods POTC would really rock :cheers

yeah i think it would be really cool...haha you could then work out my bridge mod idea, then if your opponent (player not a computer) took one wrong step, SPLASH! haha

Wow, if POTC was multiplayer that would be great. We could have a room with all of us,......just think of it.

<!--`QuoteBegin-CaptJackSparrow`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CaptJackSparrow)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->...i wonder how it would work though[/quote]

Aye, Sparrow, Fred Bob be a wonderin' de same thang! :cheers

It be one thang tew say ye wants MP, but it be anudder tew design a game tew make sense an' werk well in an MP environment. It be no problems fer BF42 (an' therefore BFP) 'cause de single player an' multiplayer games werk de same way. But fer PotC, de MP game would have tew have an entirely different gameplay, would it not? Ye cain't have 17 folks all playin' de Main Quest at de same time, it jus' don't seem tew make much sense! :cheeky

Sea Battles against two sides fer several battle scenarios might werk fer PotC MP though! :cheers

That would be a great idea. POTC is the one game I still play regularly. A `multi-player` POTC would be fantastic!!! :cheers

aye to that muddy...me and you should have a duel right when it starts up!! (it would be an internet multiplayer thing right?) just me and you, SAVVY? hahahaha

Well there would have too be rooms. And they would most likely been ocean levels. Just ocean as far as the eye can see, where we would have deathmatches.

Pick your ship, full crew, strongest cannons, and we would fight to the death.

You could have teams. Like the British Navy team VS. the French Navy Team. That would be good, your team is your nation :cheers

Back