• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Abandoned Multiplayer mod?

Would you like multiplayer in the current POTC

• Yeah - no biggie but ill play it when im not playinig bf pirates

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Yes - Ill play it all the time

Votes: 33 68.8%
  • Nah - ill dl it play it to have a look but not much else

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • No - community to small wouldnt get a game

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
The game was designed for single player and yes there are ni multiplayer files. The guy who did the GTA3 multiplayer made all the files himself and just used the architecture of the game do input a multiplayer MOD. It's technically possible to design any game into multiplayer but (Im assuming) it would take a large amount of work to do.

Even if a really hack job was made of it and it had heaps of bugs, people would still have a lot of fun with it. : :cheers

Im not to far away :cheers can I play tooooooooooooooooooo

Although everyone wants to play it, it dosnt seem like many people have what it takes to help out which is a bit unfortunate :cheers

Sure keith, wanna be our evil arch enemy? or one of the team? hehe

Seems like a fairly big job but im sure if the guy who dose it explained it to NK and verrukt and hell_angel they would pick it up quite fast.

Well hopefully you get a reply soon clarifying just what this alleged GTA modder is thinking.

That'd be cool Rival, I was already preparing to be the token lagger, but maybe I won't have to. :D

.....we would need the ellaybe mod team too! ( :mrgreen: bows to them) they are the real mod masters :) thought me in a sense!...but thats why i said what i said....they belived it was impossiable.....Suraknar !!! HELP!!! defend me!.......

(note: i would still love to see it, it's just the matter of is it really there. So far i haven't found it so if you got the location of these files i think we can give it a try...looks at furture summer....)

Hell, if you email the guy you may get a better idea about it. I have absolutly none myself but thats nothing news, from what he was saying it has something to do the the memory handling that makes it possible

First I'll start with a hello, I did post here a while ago as I got stuck on POTC when I first got it but now I'm saying a proper hello.. :?

Secondly I'll be telling you I'm Peter, the GTA Modder and soon to be POTC modder I hope 8)

Then I can say, bah at you cynical ones who feel it can't be done. I recon given it's the right type of game (which POTC) is pretty much any game can have multiplayer added.

I'm not going to go on for ages about what I've discovered or stuff like that as I'm still looking but I'm fairly positive as with GTA3 for example not much of the coding was accessible and I managed to do it! POTC has pretty much everything editable (except engine code obviously).

However I can not do this alone (well maybe I could but if you want it before the next century help would be appreciated.

I'm not in anyway promising that a POTC multiplayer mod will be made as I said to Keith but I am positive with the right help it can be done.

I think that this mod will be great for the community and great fun for anyone who wants to play it. There hasn't really been a full online pirate experience as yet. Battlefield Pirates is a good start however I don't think that it has the same feel as POTC does nor have the same potential. Also Pirates 2 (or just Pirates remake??) as stated by IGN is not going to have multiplayer so that rules out another one! Basic goal of the mod would be a fun Pirates online experience, more importantly for free!

So if you want to help please say here, pm me, email me, message me, etc. Preferably if you understand coding, mainly 'C' then that'd be useful. It would also be useful if you know your way around the POTC file structure. Alternatively if no one knows much 'C' it could be `back-ended` by a 'VB' program.

Seems like a fairly big job but I'm sure if the guy who dose it explained it to NK and verrukt and hell_angel they would pick it up quite fast.

.....we would need the ellaybe mod team too! (  bows to them) they are the real mod masters  thought me in a sense!...

If you know if any of these people would be interested in making the greatest mod ever :D then please get them to contact me!

Anyway as I said I wont go into too much detail here!

If you got anything to ask do so :?:

My contact details:
-Reply Here
-PM Me Here
-Email: peter@donlonp.fsnet.co.uk
-MSN: gta3gang@hotmail.com
-AIM: RavenLDR14
I do have ICQ and YIM if you want to talk on them but wont just put details on here as you wont find me on much.

Anyway, hope I've answered some of the questions you've been waiting for answers for.

Peter! :p:

Hey,
Sorry for going back to a really old post (just looking through) but I have to disagree with you saying it is impossible.
The reason it was possible for GTA3 (and therefore Vice City) was that, at one point in its development, Rockstar were thinking about adding a multiplayer mode, then decided against it, so the bare bones of a multiplayer mode was in the coding.
As one of the creators of one the GTA3 multiplayer mods I can certainly tell you it had nothing to do with what you said. Rockstar North (creators) left a few comments and a bit of coding but non of it was useful in creating the mod. Infact till I moved onto 'C' coding the mod was entirely done in 'VB'.
Same can be done with POTC I believe, although I'm not saying it'd be perfect working straight away. I got to say there is a heck of a lot more coding available for editing in POTC than in GTA3.

--kuhn-- :D

Ahh i didnt realise tou registered so long ago mate :D

I tried with the post, looks like most of the modders these day are graphics orientated ( not that is a bad thing ) not as many coders around.

Though intrest is still high

Yeah I registered a while ago cause I got stuck, however I don't think it was 1970, lol. I noticed that too about the modders...

yeah, when we changed from Nuke to proper phpbb, some of the tables wernt the same.

Its possible to change but most people arnt to worried about it

Well, there is only one teu way to find out if its possible or not, no? And to assertain if it is or not really serves no real purpose.

I would say if anyone believes this to be possible, then please by all means try it! The benefits of this working are really very very exciting!

I have not the coding knowledge to put something like that forth, but I sure love the Idea, and would even more love to see this happening!

Keith, you have been in contact with people that inquired about Game information, (Peter?) please invite them in the forums, there is much info here that can help them!

:D: 8) :p::

Yeah sorry surak, i probably should have made an annoucement to clear it up for everyone, but as above, he walks among us......

If theres multiplyer that uses Nks mod then there can be player vs ai vs ai ve player battles, with whole fleets.Quests would have to be changed around though.

I wish I could help out... I can program in a variety of different languages, including C/C++ but I just don't have time to get seriously involved. xD:: Multiplayer for this game would be absolutely awesome!

Back