• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Multiple bugs

One Piece

Landlubber
Hello,

This last few days my game decided I shouldn't play anymore I guess. Because it keeps making it harder for me to play the game. This morning I found out that any sea battle would get stuck. The music would still play, but that's it. Then after waiting a while the camera would warp to a different position (because i touched the mouse) and would then freeze again.... The only way to shut the game down was press ALT + F4.... Now when i just tried to load my game, the loading button would get stuck on the page where you choose with of the saved game of the profile you would want to load. I tried installing the combined mod pack latest version, but that gives me a runtime error, witch i discussed on another topic. I've already tried to reinstall the game without any good progress..... I really want to enjoy this game, but at this rate it's making me much more sad then happy....

I've tried the TAGES thing, and the adminstrator thing and I'm running out of options and patience.....

Please help me get this game to be fun again...

It might help if you would post your system specs, these types of errors can be tough to track down.

If you haven't already, you might try what is suggested in this post!

my system specs:
-Windows Xp Pro x64 edition Service pack 2
-AMD Athlon 64 X 2 Dual Core Processor 6400+
-3.21 Ghz, 4.0 GB RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 512 MB

If you need anymore let me know. I'm trying the method of the link now. I'll post my findings back here.

Your system shouldn't have any problems at all running it, but I don't have a lot of experience with 64 bit operating systems, it could be something related to that. Another thing I would suggest is to turn off as many background processes as possible before running the game. Sometimes anti-virus programs can interfere with it running properly because some over analyze things.

It might also have something to do with any new programs you recently installed, I'm assuming by your description that you were able to play it fine at one point in the past? It sounds strange, but you might also try disabling some of your currently installed codecs, sometimes badly written codecs can have strange effects on things in windows that they shouldn't, and are tough to track down. If you haven't already, try what is suggested HERE.

Hmmm, good point Captain Maggee, I hadn't thought about that! I just had a look around with Google, and there is no Service Pack 3 for 64 bit, and according to what I could find Microsoft isn't going to release one! :facepalm

I'm using Windows7x64bit with no problem so that shouldn't be a problem...
Try the folllowing:
-Uninstall game
-Manually delete any folders or directories and saved games left
-Manually delete all registry entries for coas
-Restart
-Install game to default folder
-Download Tages Driver and install
-Download Generic mod enabler and install it to: drive../default../Age of pirates2..
-DownloadJScombined mod and unzip it into Genereic mod folder
-Enable Jscombined mod(which is absolutely brilliant, greatly reduces in game crashes)
-Start game (in compatibility mode windows xp sp2-if theres such thingy on xp I don't know)

Hope it'll work mate!

Aye! :cheeky Fred Bob be configured purty much exactly de same as ol' Greyfoot's arrangement above! :onya

He be a runnin' de 64-bit version o' XP, Cap'n Maggee, so's he'll prolly be a needin' de 64-bit drivers anyhoo!
doff.gif

Thanks for the info Greyfoot and Fred Bob! :onya

Hey there,

It's been a while.... With fresh new problems ofcourse :)..... So I bought Windows 7 64x edition. Installed the Tages and the Jscombined Mod.
It's kind of working now. Exept that there's a low frame rate, and my camera won't move in combat mode....
I tried putting my visual settings low, but it didn't help much. I'm running it on compatibility mode XP sp 2. with administrator rights.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong here...

Have you tried tweaking you're graphics card settings? For example Nividia cards let you set up profiles for games which have all sorts of graphic settings.

Back