• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Multiple officers in same role usefull?

Andouce

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
Is there currently any benefit of having multiple officers of one role?

For example at the moment I have 2 First mates. Will that actually do anything or does it only count for 1 person in that role?

It depends. For example, as you say, you have two officers; one has 8 of leadership and the other one has 5. To you, the officer that has more leadership contributes to you. So then, you will have 8 of Leadership.

And in the other hand, it depends on their abilities. Maybe one first mate has abilities that the other hasn't, and vice versa. Depending on the type of officer, some of their skills will also contribute to you and some don't. If you have two officers that have the same ability, it doesn't matter.

It depends. For example, as you say, you have two officers; one has 8 of leadership and the other one has 5. To you, the officer that has more leadership contributes to you. So then, you will have 8 of Leadership.

And in the other hand, it depends on their abilities. Maybe one first mate has abilities that the other hasn't, and vice versa. Depending on the type of officer, some of their skills will also contribute to you and some don't. If you have two officers that have the same ability, it doesn't matter.

Thank you for that clarification. Always did wonder about it :p

Thank you for that clarification. Always did wonder about it :p
@HellSailor is correct. If you have two officers of the same type, they can still contribute different skills and abilities if they are quite different.
Though generally speaking, I figure one good officer in each role should suffice.

While on the subject, what do you think is the best type of officer to put on a captured ship? With regards to abilities, skills, and that I would like to only put one officer on that ship.

While on the subject, what do you think is the best type of officer to put on a captured ship? With regards to abilities, skills, and that I would like to only put one officer on that ship.
After @Levis' recent changes, I think any officer assigned as captain of a companion ship should be changed to a CAPTAIN type who contributes much more skills.

After @Levis' recent changes, I think any officer assigned as captain of a companion ship should be changed to a CAPTAIN type who contributes much more skills.
By the way, I have not seen that in the game myself so wouldn't mind confirmation from one of our testers. :doff

By the way, I have not seen that in the game myself so wouldn't mind confirmation from one of our testers. :doff
I think it sorta works. Need to check on it but in the perks interface it will show the right captain type probably but not in the character screen.

Why would it be different in different screens???
Because I didn't set the offictype. For the perks I just checked if someone had a ship and if so have him have a other offictype cause that was the easiest solution back then. I need to look into this to see it will funtion properly. shouldn't be that hard, just need to find the functions where someone is assined to a ship and move the code there and store the old offictype and restore it once someone is removed from a ship.

Have a look at the transfer and ransack interface files.
Also the shipyard one. Those should point to the functions.

Back