• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Musician

Since you probably lack a huge orchestra I recommend to you Ableton 8. You can use a plug in program called Miroslav Philharmonik (yes, with a "K"). It is awesome and it's great for either electro/house/etc music and film music.

I thought about this once more and came more to the conclusion you need music. Music is everything. For emotional moments,to action parts. In a battle there could be a nice background music like the drums or whatever. ever watched a movie and than mute it in the action parts? it is shitty. Music is very important in creating a game.
Agreed. It has a huge impact. I always find action scenes in movies without music to be quite boring, really.

Agreed. I'm playing COAS now and the music is chamber music. Chamber music is ok in a chamber I suppose but........... I wear headphones and now just leave them laying on the desk and play with no sound at all.
The background music helps with immersion, like jungle music in the jungle and busy town music when wandering around the ports. One of my pet peeves is when the music has nothing to do with what is happening in game and in those situations no music is better than bad music.

We could still use period music- My personal Mount & Blade: Warband mod set in the late 1400's/early 1500's has 100% period and region accurate music. I was able to find music from that time period that complemented the mood of the scenes perfectly, and it worked better than modern music to create immersion.

I agree completely with using period music. I don't think royal palace music is the best way to go though. I very much prefer folk music on period instruments.

why not have music change with the setting? folk for taverns and royal palace music for governers offices etc.

That's kind of what I did for my Warband mod. I chose music that would have been played in specific settings and applied it to those settings. For battles, and other settings where music wouldn't normally be playing, I just picked whatever fit best.

That is precisely what Morgan Terror did with his POTC music pack. Only his storm music did not work so well.

We'll I am back guys sorry for the very very long time. I finally got a new violin to actually start making some music. I also just got a new computer so watch out for some music I will start producing :D

Sounds good. I might have stuff for you to do as well once we start producing the storylines.

Sounds good because I always like to know the feel of what I need to produce

How about the crew singing songs after a raid, something like in the assassins game, but with instrumental cover something like this:
I dont know but his give me the feeling of happy singing pirates drinking rum.

Hello hello,

i'm a composer and i saw this topic so never know, it can be cool to work with other musicians on that project , i like pirates games and i like this community so i want give some help on this project if its needed.

Here is my soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/bmch i do many different style of music, i used to compose trad and medieval music too

Cheers

Hi, my name's Christopher and I'd like to offer the services of my team of composers and sound designers to this project. I've send a personal message with more information via moddb.com.
Thanks for your time, I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Christopher, thanks for offering your help.
We would love to have your team compose some tracks for us, but first I'd like to clarify one thing: the project is non-commercial, and as such, we're operating on a volunteer basis right now.
I'm saying this because I'm not sure you were aware of it (this has happened before). We understand if this affects your decision to work with us.
If you do wish to provide music at no expense, though, we'd be more than happy to have it.

@Benouyt - I apologise for not noticing your post sooner! Most of us were away over Christmas, mind. ;)
If you would still like to compose some tracks for us, we'd be glad to have you on the team.

No problem :p
I still want make music for that, it will be great, but as it free, understand that i will make that on my free time so if sometime im late on deadline (shouldn't happen) don't be worry. Ill need a list by PM or mail, of what music you want for wich use and stuff, and ill can do some early track.

We won't impose any strict deadlines, as that wouldn't be fair for volunteer work, so don't worry about that. ;)

Anyway, as part of our new recruitment system, all new members are put in the "Provisional" group, and are promoted to the group(s) of their choice once they have completed their first tasks.
We're doing this to discourage people from signing up just for the banner and then disappearing shortly afterwards.

So, you're the first one in the Provisional group. Please add "Music and SFX" to your signature so that others can see what your role is.
@Post Captain is in charge of music coordination, so contact him for where to start.

TO ALL MUSICIANS:

Please take a look here. There is now a music coordination thread you will need to utilize in order to achieve full rank.

Hello,
I'm a music composer (six5music) and composed Soundtracks since
2007/2008 for Games, Mods, Short-Movies, Machinimas, etc

My Genres: Orchestra (Epic, drama, tension, action, sadly,...), ambiente and electronic music

Soundtrack demo on youtube:
Youtube.com

Soundcloud page:
Soundcloud.com

Back