• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Musket/Musketoon on back

I gave myself a musketoon and it was on my hip.
Jason had this problems too but I think he hadn't installed Beta2 on a clean POTC.
Could it be something like that? :huh

The install with that issue is a beta 2 on a clean stock POTC with all of the mods done since beta 2 was released. I have stopped playing that install and have started playing a clean beta 2.1 on a clean stock POTC.

The only thing I have been able to note so far is that when a soldier uses his musket it goes back on his hip and all other soldiers put it on their hip.

The only thing I have been able to note so far is that when a soldier uses his musket it goes back on his hip and all other soldiers put it on their hip.
Hmm, that's even worse. I simplified the NPC:s use of long guns just because they didn't behave ok.
Guess I have to see if I can fix it better...

Now to muddy the waters some more! :p2

I deleted the first beta 2.1 full install, and using the same installers, made a new one that I am now playing. The soldiers now carry them on their shoulders, use them, and put them back on their shoulders.

I got a musketoon and put it on my shoulder too. I had no ammo or officers, so went no farther with that experiment. :cheers

I use this gameversion: b14_beta2_1_light on b14_beta2_full on stock potc.
...when a soldier uses his musket it goes back on his hip and all other soldiers put it on their hip.
Yes I have seen this happen. (once)
Also Pchar when he had used his last ammo, the musket stayed on his hip. (once)

This mod is far from perfect... :sad
One good thingthough is that if Pchar, officers or NPC:s 'forget' to reset their long guns on their backs all is reset when teleporting
to another location. :yes

More info. Everything went goofy at first,but then quickly settled down after the first fight. I had officers with both musket and musketoon and all was well.

Until I sailed from Eluethera to Havana. Suddenly the musketoons went to the hips. I have since sailed to Grand Cayman but they still stay down.

Maybe combat will bring them up. :nerbz

EDIT: Yes, combat brought them back up to their shoulders. They are pretty impressive when they fire.

I'll see if I can add an extra check if still in hip mode. Maybe after some time or a 'looped check'. :huh

I played for some hours last night and they stayed on their shoulders. It is acting like some rare random glitch.

I played for some hours last night and they stayed on their shoulders.
Now that's good to hear. :onya
I'll have to be away from home the coming week but I'll give the glitch a try after that.

Ok, just adding info while I remember it.

I've been carrying a musket. Normally it is on my shoulder until I draw my sword. Then there is a clicking sound like the hammer is being cocked and the musket goes to my hip.

When I fire it it works ok. When I put my sword back there is that click and the musket goes to my shoulder. If it gets stuck on my hip, drawing and sheathing my sword resets it on my shoulder.

Watching officers shoot, it looks like the musket is pointing the wrong way! I will try to get a screenie.

If it gets stuck on my hip, drawing and sheathing my sword resets it on my shoulder.
That's a situation when an extra check may be needed.

...it looks like the musket is pointing the wrong way!
As there only are 2 models/modes, the officer must be firing in "back" mode.
...another check perhaps.

Yep, I've seen a soldier in Eleuthera firing in "back" mode too. Quite funny. :rofl

:modding
I have tried a lot to fix the musket misfunctions but only succeeded to do some smaller changes.
The mod work best for mainchar because the switch model sequence starts/ends very distinct when he's
drawing/sheathing his blade.
For officers/NPC I have used when animations are played in LAi_fight. The problem I guess is that
the program can't differ between the NPC:s (if many involved).

We can
1) skip the mod and go back to the old style (I'll fix that)
2) someone who understand all this better than me could give it a try (I'll give all info)
3) let it be as it is (with the bad functions sometimes)

Let's talk about it....

I like it. The good is gooder than the bad. Over time the soldiers are always wearing their muskets on their shoulders, even after a fight.

Indeed, if you can't fix it 100%, I'd still rather have it than lose it. Still VERY cool! :onya

I have fixed Pchar firing at nothing: rifle resets to back and starts reloading.
When officers/NPC:s trying to fire with the 'back' models: a small 'reload' sound and rifle to back. (works sometimes) :huh

If not anyone is too mad about this mod I'll upload the changes, together with a small pack of bugfixes, later on.

Jack, do you know what is up with this here?
Code:
ERROR - Quest name officer_rifle_check NOT found in ANY function
Indeed I cannot find that quest case anywhere. It is being called from LAi_events.c though.

That was an old check placed in quests_common but replaced by what's there now.
Before Build2-2. I can take it if you want - I'm in that file soon anyway cleaning up things.

Please do. From what I saw, the musket back-swapping wasn't working for my officer and that code was called instead. Thanks a lot! :woot

the musket back-swapping wasn't working for my officer
Ok, I'll remove that but I'm not sure it will fix anything.
The musket back-swapping is not so often working at all. The mod is far from perfect, the problem
is probably my limited C++ knowledge. :modding

Back