• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Musket/Musketoon on back

Just looked at this and I've got a new idea: Let's leave it as-is. It may not be exceptionally pretty coding, but it works.
You did too much work to try and edit it all. I'm just going to break stuff that doesn't need to be broken. :facepalm

I can easily make the alternative with just one 'extern' file JRH_functions.c as we talked about first.
In fact that one was already prepared. It clears out all the very long blocks of JRH questspecific code
from the 3 files independent of storyline. What do you say? :)

That'll probably be better to start out with.
I'd prefer not having copies of existing functions though. Can you make the original functions call your new functions as required?

I'd prefer not having copies of existing functions though.
No, that will be a problem for me to catch up with changes in the original function.

Can you make the original functions call your new functions as required?
Yes, no problem. But I have to test more to avoid the case above.

No, that will be a problem for me to catch up with changes in the original function.
That's exactly why I'd prefer not having doubled functions. If there remains one, any future adjustments will work also in your storyline.
But with two functions, sooner or later it'll go wrong keeping them up-to-date. :facepalm

Ok, I can fix it without double functions. I got some help from my little brother. :onya

I have uploaded a new bugfixpack: textures missing, storyteller, clean up and more.
The files are merged to beta3 wip6 status.

I've been hearing that "click" sound as well from the Puerto Rico town guards right at the beginning of the game.
They all hated me because I was a skeleton. :wp

Sounded like a different click from the usual "no target" one.

Could be a click-shot I have added in LAi_events 'misfunction21'.
As I remember it it was a 'just in case' thing.
One day I'll try to learn more and fix this mod.

I just tried this feature on a savegame of Hylie's where he has a musketoon equipped.

It seems to me that the problem with the musket and musketoon is that it won't fire if it is on the character's back.
If you draw your blade, it is placed at your hip and you can fire it. But as soon as you do, it is being placed on your back and you won't be able to fire it again.
Shouldn't the code only put it back on your back ( :razz ) if you put your blade away?

I've honestly never noticed that one way or the other. Once it is fired I don't care where it is hanging as I can't reload it until the fight is over.

The long guns do not fire in close quarters like boarding. Is this intentional?

Shouldn't the code only put it back on your back ( :razz ) if you put your blade away?
Yes that was the idea. Only hip mode when firing I think.
We have talked about it earlier and I think you know what the real problem is Pieter:
the game can't tell which character is doing what with his rifle.

That new game which is ev. going to be released at christmas, I think I saw some nice musket animations there.
Let's see if the problem can be solved that way.

The long guns do not fire in close quarters like boarding. Is this intentional?
I suspect that is because you start out with your blade already drawn, but your musket still on your back.
Try putting your blade away, then grab it again and THEN shoot. Then it DOES work on boardings.

Back