• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

My Build 14 Storyline

Which storyline should I work on? (Most Popular Vote)

• Total voters

Peter Blood

Privateer
Ok, I decided I am going to start a new storyline for Build 14 by Magee and Boelen's suggestion. I had several ideas for a new storyline and I will make whichever one has the popular vote. I'm not sure about the Nelson one though because it would be ALOT of work and we already have two Royal Navy story lines (Jack Aubrey, and Horatio Hornblower) Here they are....

The Rise of the Libertine Republic
Name: Nicolas Sharpe
Ship name: Bold Sailor
Class: Barque
Player type: corsair
Nation: England
Starting location: Redmond Port
Starting year: 1614 (The Buccaneer Heroes)
Description: In the early 17th century, the English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese had a monopoly of colonies in the New World. They all felt threatened by the pirates who attacked their shipping on their trade routes, so they banned together in an alliance to fight against the growing menace. After being held for three years on a Caribbean Spanish plantation you, a former English privateer from Portsmouth, England start a new life as an English agent in a small British port. The real question at hand is if you will be able to resist the lure of the sea and piracy. Your life may change once you find your long lost father and the meaning of the lure of the sea.

La Conquistidora
Name: El Diego de Patron
Ship: La Francis
Class: Schooner
Class: Military
Nation: Spain
Starting location: Santiago
Starting year: 1520 (Imperial Powers)
Description: El Patron has been regarded as one of the greatest conquistadors of the 16th century. Though this account has been slightly execrated (due to a certain Captain Sparrow’s narration) it follows the life of the great Spaniard and how he came to the Caribbean and conquered the Aristox tribe on the godforsaken isle of Padres Del Fuego. It begins when he is a young man looking for work in Cuba, all the way to his death on the mythical island of Raven Cove.

Treasures of the New World
Name: Thomas Blythe
Ship: Lucker
Class: Dingy
Player type: Corsair
Starting location: Port Cayman town
Starting year: 1717 (The Golden Age)
Description: “To trust in Blackbeard is to place yourself at the mercy of one of the most notorious pirates in history.” Thomas Blythe was one of Edward Teach’s most trusted lieutenants. After being viciously betrayed by his captain, Thomas must find the truth of Blackbeard’s secrets which may lead to one of the greatest discoveries of all time. He won’t be in this venture alone though, he will have the help of bold comrades such as the Prussian bartender Henry Der Schwartz, the overly optimistic lad Jonathan “Jack” Sparrow, the Cayman governor’s daughter Catherine Dumorgain, and the beautiful yet deceiving and strong minded French buccaneer lass Constance “Zongwa” Du Fleur as they attempt to unearth the lost treasure of Sir Henry Morgan.

Captain Blood
Name: Peter Blood
Ship: Cinco Llagas
Class: Corvette
Nation: Pirate
Starting location: Bridgetown
Starting year: 1686 (The Golden Age)
Description: Based on the series of novels by Rafael Sabine, you portray the dashing swashbuckler and ladies man Peter Blood. As an Irish surgeon living in Plymouth, England, you are accused of helping a rebel and are hereby named a traitor. You are taken far from your home to the port of Bridgetown on the island of Barbados, where you are sentenced to ten years on Colonel John Bishop’s plantation. After gaining his trust, you fall in love with his niece and he becomes furious. You are sentenced to be hanged upon the morrow, but your chance to escape comes when a Spanish raider frigate sails into port. You and your companions must commandeer the ship and make a living as a corsair.

A Call of Duty
Name: Henry Morgan
Ship: Baroque
Class: European Barque
Player type: Military
Starting Location: Port Royale
Starting year: 1660 (The Buccaneer Heroes)
Description: Much has been speculated about the young years of Henry Morgan. He was without a doubt the most successful English buccaneer and privateer ever to sail the Caribbean in the 17th century. Experience how he arrived in the Caribbean with nothing but a dagger, a clogged up handgun, and the clothes on his bare back; how he served the Governor of Jamaica, how he sacked four of the most wealthy Spanish cities in the New World; and how he became his majesties representative in the Caribbean. There are many twists and turns in his story along with a most intriguing secret regarding the buccaneer’s lost treasure.

Carry on Mr. Nelson
Name: Horatio Nelson
Ship: HMS Williamsburg
Class: East Indiaman
Player type: Merchant
Starting location: Port Bombay (Unique Indian Location)
Starting year: 1770 (Emperors and Revolutions)
Description: Known as the “Father of the Modern English Navy”, Horatio Nelson began his life as a midshipman aboard his uncle’s ship, but instead became a Merchant officer aboard a ship bound for India. Play through events from Nelson’s famous naval career from the time he began as an officer on a Merchant ship, to his time he was given his first command as a lieutenant during the American War of Independence, his epic campaign against Napoleon, all the way to his brave final stand at Trafalgar. (This isn’t an open ended RPG like the other storylines, but more of mission based one where after completing a set of a few tasks, you begin another set in a different location, for example: Let’s say you must land your ship at a smuggler beach in the Mediterranean, you get out and go to the camp where you must re-provision your ship. You head back to your ship where you sight a French sloop of war and you must get the prize. After beating it, depending on what your quest was, you will jump to an entirely new mission at a new location. Your choices or series of quests may decide your fate such as if you die early, get demoted, or even survive at Trafalgar)

A Pirate’s Life For Me
Name: Jacob Riley
Ship: Revenge
Class: Sloop
Starting Location: Revenge’s Deck
Starting Year: 1702 (The Golden Age)
Description: Play as Jacob Riley, a brave and dashing corsair living in the seventeen hundreds. Join him as he not only sails the seven seas in search for treasure, but as he finds his long lost family taken from him ten years ago. Find clues about the whereabouts of your family and the sinister villains who took part in their abduction. Find romance on the high seas as you search for your true love and save her from the clutches of evil. In this scenario inspired from the hit game “Sid Meier’s Pirates”, you will be able to live the life of a Hollywood style action hero/buccaneer. It is a short life, but a merry one, so be sure to accomplish as much as you can in this epic adventure of a lifetime.

The Captain Blood storyline will most likely be good for my publicity because of my avatar.

I'd go for El Diego de Patron; it's the only non-English one and I think we've got enough English for the time being.
We've got Portuguese, Dutch, French, so mainly the Spanish are missing.
So that one would fill in a big gap right there.
And the story does sound potentially interesting. :yes

about another week or so. I will wait and see. I have already started on the pre-developement for Patron though.

I have vote for El patron too.
for the same reason than pieter and the other but also because it look like you're going to use the native and the Indian tribes in this story line and I like this idea :)
it can be interesting to see the two principal tribes before the colonization of the Europeans : the Caraïbes tribe and the Taïnos tribe.

That does sound interesting indeed.
And we DO have some Indian tribes in the game already. :yes

There will actually be four tribes, but two are special for this storyline. There will be a temperary location (New Spain) that you cannot sail to, but are automaticly transported there for a quest. You accompany Cortez and fight the Aztecs. The main tribe you must fight though will be the Aristox, they are the native peoples of a brand new island I am adding ingame, Padres Del Fuego. If you are familiar with the POTC MMO, you will know which island it is.

That does sound very good to me. Very Spanish conquistador-like.
Definitly fills a gap in our storylines selection. :onya

Adding new islands is fairly easy if you do it the same way as I added Isla Mona.
Temporary quest locations also work, though if it's outside the regular worldmap it'd be nice if it'd look different-ish too. Not sure how to manage that one though...

The Locations would be reskinned modules from the actual game. My idea for Vera Cruz would be a small Spanish port with the wharf like Oxbay's and the town is kinda a small one. All it is would be the part of Redmond with the Church. I don't know how I would make Tenotchitlan though.

Tenochtitlan? Luckily there's a pyramid location model in CoAS that we can... borrow. :cheeky

There's already Spanish style reskins of Oxbay port and Redmond church, so that'll be a quickie. :onya

The only problem is.......I don't own COAS! I borrowed it from a friend and had to give it back so I don't know how I would do that.

for the tribes, maybe I didn't explain it well.

they're, in the Caribbean, a lot of "Indian village" but divided in tribes. During the period of the colonization they're only two tribes, or kind of native (with different culture). Each one have a lot of village.
The Carib was the cannibals one, they always fight the Europeans (and eat them when they can). They have a similar culture with the Aztec.
the Tainos are very different. they believe, at the beginning, that the write people was gods. They were peaceful.
the Carib and the Tainos were in war before the arrival of the Europeans.

of course it's not very important, but if you wants to find some inspiration from the real native of the Caribbean, you can check these links :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tainos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carib

What I mean by "Aztec", is that they won't be on the islands, but will instead be in a temperary mainland location. This mod will be historicly accurate (though the main character is made up) because it takes place in the year 1520, the year of Cortez' second expidition.

Fantastic ideas here Peter, really looking forward to seeing this in game! This would be a great project to "persuade" your friend to help you with!
thwalkplank.gif

Back