• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

My improved Connie - isn't it exaggeration ?

What do you think about my improved Connie?

• It's exaggerated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's good and recalls the real Connie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
V

Valium

Hello.

As you could see, some time ago I aboarded USS Constitution and I've used it so far.
Once I sailed to Bermuda, to the local shipyard where it's possible to improve some ships to be better.

In my Connie I changed a few things:
- added more space for crew ( 499 is maximum ); I usually have got 420-450 sailors like real Constitution but now I'm preparing for one of national quests' mission, that's why my ship is full.
- increased speed ( when my ship was full of articles [4420], sailing speed was 10 knots )
- I didn't have to change anything with cannons, 28 lbs is enough in my opinion

Lately, I was doing 2nd mission for England and I was in Bermuda. I decided to increase holding space from 4420 to 6630. I saved the game, although I had a bit older save.
After some time I noticed it changed also the maximal speed and sailing speed of my Connie from 10 knots to 12.20 knots ! Isn't it too much? I wanted to launch my older save ( game was saved in Bermuda, before changing holding space ) but it was delated. Now I have to buy many other things because my ship is too good.

I don't know how the real Constitution was good.
In this picture you can see there is about 3444 grape shot, 556 chain shot, 3474 exploding shot, 4337 of powder, a lot of rum, food. There are also 54 sailcoth, 100 board and the sailing speed is about 11.63 knots.
I had to buy over 300 of clothes to have the sailing speed about 10.5 knots.

What do you think about it?
I had got a lot of chain shots, etc and I had got some problems to take something else when I aboarded other ship.
Isn't it exaggeration?
Is it possible to regain older save which I delated accidentally?
Is there any possibility to edit something in game to edit these ship's parameters to decrease them?

Attachments

• Bez tytułu.png
    Bez tytułu.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 116
the real Constitution made(makes?) 13.5 knots with the wind on her quarter, and likely around 10 close-hauled. i don't know if GOF or AOP has a different adjustment for speed though,( As in other ships are slower than their historical speeds) only know thats roughly what I put in for stats for the ship when I and a few others redid the model for POTC. interesting that there is such a thing as a 28pdr in that game, in real life the ship has 24s.

Back